forum personalization - the usefulness of templates

thorgh

Hi!

I have a question regarding the usefulness of templates in xenForo for certain type of personalization.

Is it possible to personalize the forum without using plugins in the following ways:

1. Applying different theme for a single category (and subforums) on the forum main page. From what I have seen in the demo, on the main forum page the default theme is always used. I would like to present all the forums from a certain category differently (I wish to have multiple columns to be exact).

2. Filling (and saving) additional compulsory fields while posting (in chosen category only). I am guessing that files modification will be necessary at this point, at least to write additional data do the database.

Thank you for the response in advance

I have attached a screenshot from another forum showing what I meant in point 1 .ad1.webp

Last edited:
Since you didn't have a screenshot when I replied, I'll reply again and say for sure you should be able to accomplish that. We have some skilled stylers here that actively help the community, so you should have no issue.

Top Bottom