• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

forum personalization - the usefulness of templates

Hi!

I have a question regarding the usefulness of templates in xenForo for certain type of personalization.

Is it possible to personalize the forum without using plugins in the following ways:

1. Applying different theme for a single category (and subforums) on the forum main page. From what I have seen in the demo, on the main forum page the default theme is always used. I would like to present all the forums from a certain category differently (I wish to have multiple columns to be exact).

2. Filling (and saving) additional compulsory fields while posting (in chosen category only). I am guessing that files modification will be necessary at this point, at least to write additional data do the database.

Thank you for the response in advance

I have attached a screenshot from another forum showing what I meant in point 1 . ad1.png

Last edited:

Jeremy

1. This is possible through CSS / template changes.
2. You will need to write or find an add-on for this, the software doesn't do this by default.

Jeremy

Since you didn't have a screenshot when I replied, I'll reply again and say for sure you should be able to accomplish that. We have some skilled stylers here that actively help the community, so you should have no issue.