1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MyEvolutionHost, Nov 19, 2013.

1. http://myevolutionhost.com/forum/index.php#information-announcements.1

I created some forums, and the information and announcements sections I want it so only I or Administrators can post in these forums, how can I set this ?

I looked through the resource section, but didnt have much luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a section where only my clients will have access to, I created a group called "Clients" and will add my customers to this group, how can I make it so only they can see and view these forums ?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In the node tree there is a link titled "Permissions." It will allow you to set node-specific permissions. So you'll want to "Revoke" it on the Registered user group and "Allow" it on the Administrator group.

The same process will apply for the clients only nodes.
  4. Thank you gentlemen, I will play around with it here and see what I can figure out.. Its been a couple years since I setup a forum, and this will take some time to get used to.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenForo permissions differ from most, if not all, other forum software.

I would definitely recommend reading those resources to understand how the cumulative nature of them works.
  6. As the only administrator in the group, I set my group, user, and node settings all to allow, and I still cant post in this forum, it keeps saying

(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you post a screenshot of your permissions?
  8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

ACP > Users > Analyze Permissions

That should show where the problem is.
  9. They are ALL set to yes, and unlimited.
  10. Jeremy

Have you used "Never" anywhere when you set your permissions?
  11. Nope, I just created my categories and the forums, and then just tried to set the permissions to all for the admin, and couldnt get it to work
  12. Jeremy

If you send me ACP details I will look into this.
  13. Sent your way
  14. Jeremy

Post permissions can be overridden if you disallow posts to be created within a forum. So make sure the check box that states "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" is checked in your node settings.