Forum offline & 90% Disk space used?

TDUBS

Hello,

Yesterday my forum was running fine, but today I go to login as usual and notice it's offline. I logged into my SolusVM to checkup on my server, and saw that the disk space was 90% used (89.68GB / 100GB). I have no idea what caused this to happen, either. The most recent update was a critical exploit patch for Xen virtualisation, which my server happens to use. Other than that, nothing unusual has been installed.

Screenshot_20-44-30.png

Specs;
  • 4GB Dedicated RAM
  • 100GB Disk Space
  • 1TB Bandwidth
  • CentOS 6.x

Installed;
  • xenForo
  • Open Litespeed w/ Memcached
  • Percona
  • Monit

Any idea what could be going on? Yes, I have root access to my server.

Thanks!

Hello,

Yesterday my forum was running fine, but today I go to login as usual and notice it's offline. I logged into my SolusVM to checkup on my server, and saw that the disk space was 90% used (89.68GB / 100GB). I have no idea what caused this to happen, either. The most recent update was a critical exploit patch for Xen virtualisation, which my server happens to use. Other than that, nothing unusual has been installed.
Check your temp folder the very first thing.
Code:
du -Pshx /* 2>/dev/null
will give you an idea of the directory sizes (and you can start punching down into them).

Also deleting /tmp it's best to stop both the httpd and mysql services before doing so and then start them again after. This will cause any tmp files they require to recreate without any harm.

Check your temp folder the very first thing.
Code:
du -Pshx /* 2>/dev/null
will give you an idea of the directory sizes (and you can start punching down into them).

Should be... but I'd review it and see what all it is.

Also deleting /tmp it's best to stop both the httpd and mysql services before doing so and then start them again after. This will cause any tmp files they require to recreate without any harm.

As soon as I restarted Open Litespeed & Percona, my forum was back online. However, after rebooting the server through my SolusVM, it still indicates 90% Disk space is being consumed. I also went ahead and turned off Open Litespeed & Percona while deleting everything in /tmp/; still nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out it was a bug with SolusVM and the node my server is on. I ran df -h and it's only at 4%.

Top Bottom