XF 2.1 Forum not appearing on google

My forum went live on Saturday and we have had 300 members joining already which is great, but we aren't appearing on any google searches at all to help others find us.

Is there a way around this, I am very new to this type of thing, Thank you.

Right. If you have a Google account, add your website here: https://search.google.com/search-console/

Google Search Console has an option to manually submit link (use the search box at the top). Use that option and see if it shows no error with submission. If it accepts the submission, the submitted webpage should be indexed in a matter of minutes in best cases (though I suppose, Google would behave differently on different search console accounts). But at least you would know that nothing is wrong with your website's access to Googlebots.

Update: Just realized that OP is talking about rankings. Ranking is a totally different ballgame. Especially for a brand new website.

I'm not meaning rankings, I know that takes ages but it isn't showing up at all even pages and pages later. We haven't got Adsense, it's literally just gone live but I will look into that today.

I can't even find a ACP to look at options in.

If you want to bump start it in Google search you may need to open a Google Adwords account and pay for listing.
Not the best way if you are on a budget but can be effective

Top Bottom