Forum is extremely unsuccessful due to rival site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably will rejoin the signal community years later if there's a new forum that's not managed by the same people who are running the one I got banned from.

The fact that my forum shared a lot of users with the one I got banned from is what lead to the drama that caused me to shut down my forum....

• Sad
Reactions: FTL
The fact that my forum shared a lot of users with the one I got banned from is what lead to the drama that caused me to shut down my forum....
I think it's such a shame you felt you had to shut it down. I feel that it could have been kept open with some adjustment of expectations, maybe. I'd feel gutted if I had to shut my one down. It's part of me now.

I think it's such a shame you felt you had to shut it down. I feel that it could have been kept open with some adjustment of expectations, maybe. I'd feel gutted if I had to shut my one down. It's part of me now.

I'm hoping there will be a new traffic signal forum years down the line that I can join. A fresh start.

I joined group chats on social media with people who also used the forum I got banned from, which lead to a lot of that drama, big mistake. I will be sticking to forums from now on, keeping to myself and not getting close to anyone.

From the looks of it, the admin of the forum I got banned from will probably be managing that forum for the rest of his life. It also outlived all the other existing traffic signal related forums.

@thesignalman please explain something to me.

I understand nerdy, heck, it's called NerdZone and getting excited over things that more normal people would look at me a bit funny, but I don't get what's to nerd out over signals? I'd be interested to understand what the fascination is with them.

@thesignalman please explain something to me.

I understand nerdy, heck, it's called NerdZone and getting excited over things that more normal people would look at me a bit funny, but I don't get what's to nerd out over signals? I'd be interested to understand what the fascination is with them.

There are a lot of manufactures, different models, practices that vary by state, mounting hardware........etc.........

Same reason why there are car enthusiasts.

There are a lot of manufactures, different models, practices that vary by state, mounting hardware........etc.........

Same reason why there are car enthusiasts.
Cool, I'd be happy to learn more and if you wanna get into it on my forum you'd be welcome. In fact, I'm happy to create your very own section if you like - just shoot me a pm there. There's already sections for my music and a section for travel pictures and videos by another member.

Cool, I'd be happy to learn more and if you wanna get into it on my forum you'd be welcome. In fact, I'm happy to create your very own section if you like - just shoot me a pm there. There's already sections for my music and a section for travel pictures and videos by another member.

No, I want it to keep it non signal related.

No problem. Just saying if you want your own section you can have it.

I'll be making a formal announcement about members having their own sections, soon. Been meaning to do that for a few days now.

Your forum is very small. Especially for one that's been around for that long. You need to advertise it more.

Your forum is very small. Especially for one that's been around for that long. You need to advertise it more.
Yet it's got almost 3300 posts and 571 threads, plus it's pretty active with the good quality members that we have, so I'm ok with it as it is. I'm not looking to run a forum with hundreds of posts a day, that would be overwhelming.

I don't advertise it, just plug it here and there, send the odd invite occasionally and that's enough for now.

No problem. Just saying if you want your own section you can have it.

I'll be making a formal announcement about members having their own sections, soon. Been meaning to do that for a few days now.

Gets a VERY generous invite to join a forum AND have his own section.... Then criticizes forum.

:ROFLMAO::poop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom