Forum is extremely unsuccessful due to rival site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, how did I get pulled back in?

abandon thread GIF

The community is so small it's hard to find people who aren't part of the forum I got banned from.
So basically a niche with no viable demand for more than one forum. Unless there is something glaringly wrong/unpopular re: the long established one.

Hence the title of this thread actually makes sense.

Making the forum public is my last resort before I shut her down for good.
This seems like a good idea in that there is nothing to lose. perhaps being public is what people may prefer over the other forum.

But you should make it very clear (in a notice ) that the forum, is public so people should not post any identifiable personal details if they don't want them seen.

So basically a niche with no viable demand for more than one forum.
There's always room for competition. No matter the niche. He has a defeatist attitude. He is not willing to try any of the suggestions in this thread. It is still private. His is still whining about being banned 5 years ago and dwelling. Unfortunately, he will not take our guidance, so be it.

There's always room for competition. No matter the niche. He has a defeatist attitude. He is not willing to try any of the suggestions in this thread. It is still private. His is still whining about being banned 5 years ago and dwelling. Unfortunately, he will not take our guidance, so be it.

I changed the logo and website appearance, added new skins that I will be installing soon. Will open the forum to the public soon.

Don't think making it public will solve all your problems. All that does it make it accessible. After that, you need to promote it and get people to see what is accessible. That is only step 1.

Don't think making it public will solve all your problems. All that does it make it accessible. After that, you need to promote it and get people to see what is accessible. That is only step 1.

Believe me I tried adverting my forum all over social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom