XF 1.5 Forum for Users with Registered Usergroup and Staff

Eoj Nawoh

Hello,

I know a variation of this question has been asked before, and I apologize if this exact question has been asked.

I'm trying to make a forum that can be see by people ONLY in the registered group, and also staff.

We have a number of usergroups, but essentially, what I'm trying to do is the following:

Registered - Default usergroup, reduced privileges
Steam Registered - Usergroup given to those who have a Steam account connected, normal privs
Staff

That's a oversimplification, but essentially, the Registered group can't post anywhere, except for a forum that also serves to inform them of their reduced privileges status. While I can make it so only registered can see it by:
Making Forum Private
Giving Registered View
Making Steam Registered Never

this then makes it so Staff can't see it, as we're also Steam Registered. Any suggestions on how to go about this so staff could see the forum?

"Never" trumps all other permissions. You should probably use "Revoke" instead of Never.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/
Thank you, I do realize this.

However, if I'm correct in my understanding "Allow" + "Revoke" = "Allow". Since the private forum has a explicit allow for Registered users, there's no way to make use of Revoke in this situation, correct?

Edit: Welp, I'm an idiot. I just realized that if I don't make it a private forum, then Registered inherently sees it. Then I can revoke from Steam Registered and Allow for Staff.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom