1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum failed to get going. Questions on sale/transfer

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by meursault, Jul 22, 2013.

1. meursault

meursault Member

I have no complaints regarding the software, but regrettably the forum failed to get going. Activity was promising in the beginning, but died down to minimal levels after a couple of months. Now I spend more time removing spam than anything else. This is depressing and frankly I've got better things to do.

As such, I no longer need the XenForo license. So a couple of questions:

(1) Is it possible to sell it back to XenForo and get a partial refund for the part of the year I didn't use it for?

(2) If not, would it be possible to officially "transfer" the license to one of my friends? He loves the software and also wants to set up a forum based on his sphere of interests. Maybe he'll have better luck.
  2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

You can transfer so long as it is at least 3 months from the date of purchase.

XenForo does not refund or buy back licenses.
  3. meursault

meursault Member

Okay, thanks. What is the transfer procedure?
  4. cmpe

cmpe Active Member

You probably need to open a ticket since I can't imagine a transfer being processed through a public thread like this:
  5. meursault

meursault Member

Alright thanks, I'll do that once everything's in place.