Forum Example Of an Image Heavy Xenforo Forum

Daniel77

Is there a forum running XenForo that uses a lot of images, such as a Photography forum? I need to buy a new forum software and am considering three diffferent ones including XenForo. I owuld like to find a XenForo forum that embeds a lot of images into their posts, so I can see how it "Feels" as compared to my current forum software, which is totally outdated.

I see a lot about XenForo I like, but I have a few weeks to decide.

Images are handled very nicely in XenForo as you've found from your test thread.
Uploading and embedding is so slick and easy to use, not to mention the dynamic resizing.

Thread marking is carried out differently in XenForo.
Clicking on the datestamp under the title will take you to the first post.
Clicking the title will take you to the first unread post, based on the limits set in the ACP.

See this rather large thread on it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/impossible-to-start-reading-unread-thread-from-first-post.1136/

... so I can see how it "Feels" as compared to my current forum software, which is totally outdated

So you're using vB4 then? :D I'll get my coat.

On-topic, a gallery system has not been released yet (that I know of) for XenForo, unfortunately, so most likely the target-sites you are looking for have not made their conversions yet. We run a gaming forum, and are also still awaiting a Gallery solution. I can imagine it being even more crucial for a photography site.

lol...Actually I have a few forums and the one I need to upgrade is UltraBB. UltraBB does not even offer support for Chrome.

I have played with VBulletin, and also looked and read a lot about IPB. I could get by without a gallery...I think.
The forum will have alot of images and a gallery would be nice, but not actually needed.

If a gallery is released later as an add-on for XenForo, would the images embedded into post be able to be imported into the add-on?

OK I am going to read that thread post you shared about the first post, but is st possible to make the title click thru to the first post and the date/time stamp go to the last un-read post? Sorry for my dumb questions.

Ok, I read through every page of the post about the First post thread. Not a fan of it. I like the fact it will tak eme to the first thread unread, however after 28 days the threads are automatically marked as read whether you actually read them or not. I now know I can click on the date stamp to go to the first post, but new members will not. I would have to teach all the new members how to go to the first post in a thread if the thread is older than 28 days. That seems like a lot of work. A logical and more sane way would be aken to the very first UNREAD post everytime, not just when the thread is under 28 days old.

Top Bottom