Forum descriptions problem under forum title

vexx

This is not a XF specific problem since it works on the default theme. However, on my custom theme with the show forum description option active, the description doesn't appear under the forum title. I've decided to post this here, maybe someone has any ideeas, so bare with me while I explain..i can't seem to figure this out.

I compared both the PAGE_CONTAINER templates between the default theme and my custom theme, all is identical. I've made sure that under my theme's Foroum/Node list prop, both options are checked and active. In the page_container template, this is the code:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$noH1}">                     
                            <!-- h1 title, description -->
                            <div class="titleBar">
                                {xen:raw $beforeH1}
                                <h1><xen:if
                                    is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                    is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                    />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></h1>

<xen:if is="{$pageDescription.content}"><p id="pageDescription" class="muted {$pageDescription.class}">{xen:raw $pageDescription.content}</p></xen:if>
                            </div>
</xen:if>

I've also removed the conditional to see if the description shows..and it doesn't. Basically, it doesn't output the $pageDescription.content variable. On the default theme, works with no problem. I'm stuck...even with the conditional off..it doesn't display anything. I've also looked in the page source of the page, to see if the description appears somewhere and maybe I messed the css up and is floating somewhere off-screen...no luck.

Tnx alot in advance for any tips

This is missing from the titleBar div:

<p id="pageDescription" class="muted baseHtml">Description.</p>

Check your forum_view template.

I have this in my forum_view template

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.description} AND @threadListDescriptions">
    <xen:description class="baseHtml">{xen:raw $forum.description}</xen:description>
</xen:if>

yep that did it..wend to the Discussion List prop and it wasn't checked...that's weird..fixed now..tnx alot

had no ideea that forum_view has something to do with page_container

Top Bottom