1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Forum crashing after editing template

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by g9a1, Mar 5, 2016.

1. g9a1

g9a1 New Member

It seems that whenever I edit a template (the last things I did were removing gender and visitor home page), my forum crashes for a few minutes and then comes back up. My hosting plan should be able to handle XenForo and it meets all the requirements, so I don't understand why this is happening.

In my hosting plan's Cpanel, I can see these errors.

[Fri Mar 04 20:29:12 2016] [error] Execute of /home/name/public_html/community/admin.php stopped because of load 26.61
    [Fri Mar 04 20:29:12 2016] [error] Execute of /home/name/public_html/community/admin.php stopped because of load 26.61
    [Fri Mar 04 20:27:49 2016] [warn] [client <ip>] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/name/public_html/community/admin.php, referer: http://www.mysite.com/community/admin.php?styles/style.5/templates
    [Fri Mar 04 19:10:37 2016] [warn] [client <ip>] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/name/public_html/community/index.php, referer: http://www.mysite.com/community/members/me.1/

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The log entries suggest the server/hosting is inadequate.

How many styles and languages do you have?

Is it shared hosting or a VPS?

3. g9a1

g9a1 New Member

4. Brogan

If you only have 1 language and 1 style then it would suggest the server is overloaded or the hosting plan is inadequate.

5. g9a1

g9a1 New Member

Would there be a certain reason why this only occurs once in a while? I was trying to reproduce the issue by reverting the change, saving, undoing, saving, redoing, saving, and so fourth, and out of maybe 15 times it only happened again once.

6. Brogan

With shared hosting, you are typically affected by all other sites hosted on the same server.

7. g9a1

g9a1 New Member

Yeah I kinda guessed that. Looks like I'll be switching hosts then.