Forum concept is dying, don't you think so?

It just depends how you look at forums. You can build a forum on top of a community. Have a blog with comments section? Connect your comments with your forum, win win. Etc.
That is something I'm very interested in, but I want my blog to use the wordpress theme, not the forum theme.

Last edited:
After all the debacle over data mining issues with FB/Google many are getting away from that. Option, yes, but with the option to NOT use it. I don't log in a place that requires me to use either one unless it's a known part of one of the two, like YouTube is part of Google.

After all the debacle over data mining issues with FB/Google many are getting away from that. Option, yes, but with the option to NOT use it. I don't log in a place that requires me to use either one unless it's a known part of one of the two, like YouTube is part of Google.
That may be fine for you, but the vast majority of people don't care, they will want a quick way to login regardless of how much of their soul they give to the tech giants.

Much of the dying of the Internet is accelerated by the use of the infamous Fat Slab themes. I know that I now never bother to look at websites with Flat Style, Metro, Swiss, Minimalist etc. looks for any reason.

Apart from the sheer disgusting fugliness, they all look exactly the same as the other, and so why bother to tell them apart ? And if a young person has to choose between a bunch of ugly websites that look identical in format, or go straight to Social Media, the answer's a No-Brainer.

Much of the dying of the Internet is accelerated by the use of the infamous Fat Slab themes. I know that I now never bother to look at websites with Flat Style, Metro, Swiss, Minimalist etc. looks for any reason.

Apart from the sheer disgusting fugliness, they all look exactly the same as the other, and so why bother to tell them apart ? And if a young person has to choose between a bunch of ugly websites that look identical in format, or go straight to Social Media, the answer's a No-Brainer.
/fullack.
Sad story, that's mainstream. If you want to fit in this age, you will have to adapt.

Top Bottom