XF 2.0 Forum being redirected to scam/survey site?

PJK

A few users are reporting:
Whenever I go to the home page of Speedsolving.com on my safari browser, I’m immediately being redirected to scam surveys and scam gift card claims. This has been happening since exactly 7 AM this morning. I don’t know if I’m the only one, but it might be worth to check it out and see what’s going on.

The site that I’m being redirected to is loompaspalace.com or something like that.

This is the thread:

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm unsure where to start and can't replicate it. Thanks.

Admincp > options > user discipline > redirect site > change url > save

This is nothing to do with this...

@PJK, we've had a very similar issue since yesterday.

I'm fairly certain it's a dodgy google ad that's slipped through their QA. I reported it to google but being a weekend I've not heard back from them yet.

Googling for the issue and various sites are reporting the same issue today so it looks reasonably widespread.

Reactions: PJK
This problem is well known and caused by problematic ads. They target mobile users only.
All you can do is find out which ad causes the problem and block (and report) the ad.

Or -of course- disable all your ads.

Thanks that's good to know but not really a solution for now.

Unfortunately there is no solution here other than the ad agency checking the code delivered by them.

This is a very annoying problem leading to even more users with ad blockers and every respectable ad agency should have a solution in place. It should be easy for them to use iframe tags only with the proper sandbox value.

Top Bottom