Resource icon

Forum Age Restriction 0.0.2

No permission to download

Vincent Gabriel

Vincent.Gabriel submitted a new resource:

Forum Age Restriction - Provides the ability to set a minimum and maximum age requirement for a forum

This will allow to set a minimum age and a maximum age requirement to be able to view a forum or threads in that forum. If the user has no date of birth set he will see an error message letting him know that he must set his date of birth in order to access those forums.

View attachment 64732 View attachment 64733

Read more about this resource...

Very nice addon indeed, have one question though ... would it be possible to hide the forum altogether if they didn't fall between the minimum and maximum ages?

A function that I currently have on my vbulletin forum is a scheduled task that will ban all underage members until they reach the age of 18. This has proven to be most useful. I would really like to have the same functionality.

A function that I currently have on my vbulletin forum is a scheduled task that will ban all underage members until they reach the age of 18. This has proven to be most useful. I would really like to have the same functionality.

This just displays a message. your request is a cronjob and it's a different add-on.

Wouldn't it be a bit more function or practical to place a user in a usergroup based on age? This would allow for more permissions to be set, forums visible, etc.

I think this is a great mod nonetheless but without forum permissions being added, users can still log-out & read the mature content.

Wouldn't it be a bit more function or practical to place a user in a usergroup based on age? This would allow for more permissions to be set, forums visible, etc.

I think this is a great mod nonetheless but without forum permissions being added, users can still log-out & read the mature content.
Probably would. For users logging out and viewing just restrict the guest user group from viewing it.

Top Bottom