[Foro.agency] Predefined messages for conversations and threads [Deleted]

Fabien

FabienRG submitted a new resource:

[ForoAgency] Predefined replies for private messages - Allows members to create and use predefined replies in private messages

This addon allows your members to create and use predefined replies in private messages, this is a very useful system for busy members who have to deal with a lot of conversations every day... being an administrator of a board with more than 800,000 members: tested and approved for several years!
You can manage through permissions which member can use this system or not and how many predefined replies they can create.
You can even manage through options the maximum...

Read more about this resource...

It's nice, but as suggested it would be great if it could be used for normal posts also. I would also suggests allowing them to be used when starting a conversation.

Many times I have to notify members of the same thing and it would be great if I could just start a conversation using a premade response.

It's nice, but as suggested it would be great if it could be used for normal posts also. I would also suggests allowing them to be used when starting a conversation.

Many times I have to notify members of the same thing and it would be great if I could just start a conversation using a premade response.
The ability to use predefined replies in regular posts will be implemented soon.

I will have a look on your suggestion about the use of predefined replies while starting a conversation.

Thank you for your feedback.

Fabien updated [ForoAgency] Predefined replies for private messages with a new update entry:

New features 🚀

As suggested, you can now use predefined replies in regular posts (threads) ; on each predefined reply, you can choose were you want to us it : conversations, threads or both of them.
You can also now configure each predefined replies : automated sentences like the courtesy one (good morning, good afternoon...), your name as a signature... you have the ability to choose which one you want to display on your predefined replies or decide to use both or none of them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you plan on releasing similar for normal post replies?
This is now implemented with the 1.1.0 update.

I'll look to develop this with the next update but as the add-on is called 'predefined replies', it means that he must be used to reply, not to create. I need to have some reflexion about that. Thank you for this suggestion.

Last edited:
I just installed the new update, but I don't see any options for thread replies.

For my premade responses, I updated them so "location" was "both" but I don't see them for thread replies. Is there something else I need to enable?

I just installed the new update, but I don't see any options for thread replies.

For my premade responses, I updated them so "location" was "both" but I don't see them for thread replies. Is there something else I need to enable?
Can you please check if the template modification on the 'thread_view' template is working ? I think in some cases, if you have installed a custom style that have edited the standard template, it is possible that the template modification does not apply to the original modified template.

I checked template modifications and for this addon "thread_view" shows 0 / 1 / 0

I'm new to XF2, so I'm not sure what this means, but since it's not green, I'm guessing something isn't right.

I checked template modifications and for this addon "thread_view" shows 0 / 1 / 0

I'm new to XF2, so I'm not sure what this means, but since it's not green, I'm guessing something isn't right.
Yes, that mean that the issue is here.

Try to change the 'Execution order' value of the template modification please. Try to increase it first, if it does not work, try to decrease. This is probably a conflict with another template modification of another add-on on the 'thread_view' template.

I found the addon that's conflicting with it, but I can't edit the execution order for that one either.

It's an addon the removes the quick reply box if a thread is closed.

It's not editable for me :(
So debug mode isn't enabled. If you can enable it and want to enable it: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#debug-mode

A workaround that may work without debug mode is to edit the following file : ~/src/addons/ForoAgency/PrivateMessageReplies/_data/template_modifications.xml

Then search the following line (should be line 53) :
<modification type="public" template="thread_view" modification_key="foroagency_pmreplies_addPredefinedReplies_2" description="Add predefined replies above the quick_reply block to threads" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">

Then decrease 10 to 5, save and update on your server, if it is not working, try to increase to 15.

After each modification, you need to go to your AdminCP > Add-ons and you need to rebuild PrivateMessageReplies. You should have a warning message with the following sentence "This add-on contains the following files which have unexpected contents: src/addons/ForoAgency/PrivateMessageReplies/_data/template_modifications.xml." if you did exactly what I just explain. This is because you edited the file after I compiled the add-on, so the hash for this file is outdated.

'Execution order' will change with this method without having to enable debug mode. On my point of view, it is easier to do the simple way by enabling the debug mode to be able to change directly from the AdminCP the value.

Last edited:
hello still not received my license since yesterday?
Hello,

Capture d’écran 2018-04-03 à 16.30.40.webp

As shown, your purchase is in 'pending' status. Did your Paypal account had been credited of 5€ ? I think there is maybe an issue with your payment and that's why you didn't get your licence yet (this is an automated process).

Please check and let us know.

Last edited:
On PayPal no payment problem sent and not pending
I just PM'ed you on Foro.agency website. We'll check together about that.

EDIT: issue is now fixed, for some reason, Paypal asked us to manually approve the payment. Purchase had been proceeded and user is now able to download his product.

Last edited:
Top Bottom