Form Breaks when using PPH Selector in cPanel to upgrade to PHP 7.2

jim83

I'm using the PHP Selector function inside cPanel to change my current version of PHP (5.6) to 7.2. Actually, 7.3, 7.1 and 7.0 are available options, as well.

I'm trying to stick with 7.2.

However, my site stops working properly when I change to PHP 7.2.

For example, some pages give me a 500 page not found error. On pages that do seem to load, I'm unable to log in or access the adminCP.

Checking the console, I have several "Failed to load resource" errors popping up. See screenshot.

I've run the xenforo_requirements.php, and yet it tells me everything is ok.

I have the feeling that the problem is with the PHP extensions. I've found several different posts here about which extensions should be enabled and which should be disabled. I've experimented with these and while I've never actually got the site to function properly, playing with different combinations of extensions causes different errors on my forum.

Is there any official XenForo documentation on the requirements for updating to PHP 7+?

I'm running XF 2.1.0

I just did the switch using the selector and all was well. I am having problems now but that is months later and seems unrelated to PHP version from my testing so far. More likely one of my add-ons. However, I am on 1.5. The issue I am having actually stopped my upgrade in its tracks.

Top Bottom