• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Form Addon

I have made form addon before for other software but not sure if it will translate into xenforo, I am trying not to spend too much time on stuff that could take a while to develop, etc.. but if anyone would like a paid solution I am willing to work with them. This project details seems like it is gonna take some time to do and research into the code. PS I am not a vb user, so I would not be able to work with their code.

Any news on this? It's really the last thing I'm waiting on to get my forums moved over. Would be happy to donate something to the cause!

Any news on this? It's really the last thing I'm waiting on to get my forums moved over. Would be happy to donate something to the cause!
bambua, thanks for the support! Development began on this one week ago. This is a pretty complicated system, and will take some time to develop. At this point in time, I don't have an estimate as to when it will be available. The backend is approximately 50% done, and the frontend is about five times larger than it.

Looks like a good start. I would think having this hook into the contact us page would be the best way to do front end if possible.

This is what the form design designer addon I made looks like.. this is for phpmember.com and it is almost fully done with ajax. Supports unlimited forms, edit submit through post or ajax, and options like.. email admin the submissions, save submissions to database etc...., completely custom fields.

This is the fields list:

one.webp

Editing a field in overlay,
two.webp

It took a while to do, and continue to add improvements from time to time.. If you all chip in 50 each, I could try to get it done.. and when done you get a licensed copy of new addon for xenforo, and goes for sale only, or $1500 and goes for free distribution or for sale with loyalty goes for who pays development. I would do it for free but it takes too much time and I can't honestly can't afford to spend too much time on projects that aren't paying at the moment.

This is what the form design designer addon I made looks like.. this is for phpmember and it is almost fully done with ajax. Supports unlimited forms, edit submit through post or ajax, and options like.. email admin the submissions, save submissions to database etc...., completely custom fields.

This is the fields list:

View attachment 11489

Editing a field in overlay,
View attachment 11490

It took a while to do, and continue to add improvements from time to time.. If you all chip in 50 each, I could try to get it done.. and when done you get a licensed copy of new addon for xenforo, and goes for sale only, or $1500 and goes for free distribution or for sale with loyalty goes for who pays development. I would do it for free but it takes too much time and I can't honestly can't afford to spend too much time on projects that aren't paying at the moment.

Hey bud, that looks great! The form add-on we are working on however won't have any cost associated with it, nor require donations. Donations would be fantastic for us, but we are more focused on releasing quality add-ons that promote XenForo as a viable vBulletin alternative to the plugin community. Our form solution will help do that for people.

Guys we are still making great progress and we hope to have another update for you soon! Thanks folks for the support and kind words!

Hey bud, that looks great! The form add-on we are working on however won't have any cost associated with it, nor require donations. Donations would be fantastic for us, but we are more focused on releasing quality add-ons that promote XenForo as a viable vBulletin alternative to the plugin community. Our form solution will help do that for people.
That's awesome :) keep it up

It would also be useful to somehow tie in a flag for authenticated users. Some surveys are useful for anyone visiting the site, while others should be available only for users that have logged in. (version 1.1 might also factor in what groups they are in!)

--Ed

This is looking really great. Like a couple of others, am waiting for this before I convert. I have the license and a test site...just waiting on a couple of mods. As an RPG we rely on the forms quite heavily for adding new Players.

Regards, thanks for all the hard work, and will happily donate!

SW

Guys we are still making great progress and we hope to have another update for you soon! Thanks folks for the support and kind words!
Any news on this jljr222?

Any further update? I really appreciate what you guys are doing, John/Liquid, but I may end up paying someone to do it if I don't have a solution soon. It's the one thing holding us back from our XF migration. :)

I went ahead and upgraded and manually created rough forms on my site ... BUT ... am waiting anxiously also!

Regards...SW

Any further update? I really appreciate what you guys are doing, John/Liquid, but I may end up paying someone to do it if I don't have a solution soon. It's the one thing holding us back from our XF migration. :)

Side tracked with some other projects, but we are continuing development. In all honesty I have no time-frame and it all depends on our free time. We also do paid projects as well so we have to balance life, money, and free-time in combination with creating these free addons. I understand your frustration, but perhaps it would be better for you to pay someone to do it if your need and time-frame are under pressure. I cannot guarantee you any sort of time-table at this point, but we are going to complete and release this.

Just another message of support and willing to donate on release. This is an important mod and one of a couple that I'm waiting on before I can move over to xF (already bought the license, just need some key mods) =)

Guys we are close to re-sparking development on this very soon. We have been working on another addon that is currently undergoing final testing before being released. Once it's released we will be posting some major new information regarding LiquidPro, our addons and future work.

If you look at my signature you can see our "Under Development" addons. That's the order we are currently working with and SourceBans Sync is just about done. We will then work towards a release of Simple Forms once the sync project has been released.

I will be posting more about this later on in a separate thread. Thank you.

Guys we are close to re-sparking development on this very soon. We have been working on another addon that is currently undergoing final testing before being released. Once it's released we will be posting some major new information regarding LiquidPro, our addons and future work.

If you look at my signature you can see our "Under Development" addons. That's the order we are currently working with and SourceBans Sync is just about done. We will then work towards a release of Simple Forms once the sync project has been released.

I will be posting more about this later on in a separate thread. Thank you.
Glad to hear that.

Top Bottom