Forbid images attachments

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

What would I need to extend in order to forbid attachments ? I tried to extend the Attachment model and the attachment controller but the image is broken within posts when I forbid it.

Regards.

If you use XF 1.3 you do not need to disallow external images any more. It features a new proxy system and does not show images directly from foreign servers to your visitors.

Prior to 1.3 we also had to disable the loading of external images in our threads for security reasons. We showed a simple link to the image instead.

If you use XF 1.3 you do not need to disallow external images any more. It features a new proxy system and does not show images directly from foreign servers to your visitors.

Prior to 1.3 we also had to disable the loading of external images in our threads for security reasons. We showed a simple link to the image instead.

How could I print this simple link in my custom addon ? Actually, there is an option where when ticked attachments are forbidden to a visitor, but when he is viewing a post forbidden attachments images are not showing up as link, but are showing up as a broken image.

Top Bottom