For the love of god, someone make a force block / ignore add-on

I'm not big on those solutions.

If they log out they will see it and get mad you hid it.

(Edit: Says visitors too so I don't know)

If they log out, how would they see it if it isn't approved?

The idea is that before they can get one of their snide little comments through, I can manually approve (or disapprove) the comment.

They're going to get the suspicion something is up, and log out and check. Bypassing the addon.

JAIL together. That's the ticket.

How? I was under the impression that if a post is in the approval queue, they would have no idea it wasn't actually posted unless they logged out and checked.

If that's the case, then I have no problem simply telling them flat out that I'm moderating their posts since they won't place nicely. If they want to leave at that point, then I guess that wouldn't bother me as much.

Those solutions are for admins that are too scared to deal with members firmly. It's passive aggressive. Take ahold of your community, don't play games with stealth posts or random error pages etc. You behave or you leave!

Each of them has threatened to leave the forum if the other doesn't start playing nice.

I've mediated the hell out of it, but they simply won't play nice.
My fix on that was in the terms of service.

No politics. No religion. No personal attacks.

I make sure folks know about it, and I make sure I enforce it.

I have more than seven thousand members, and I've had to enforce those terms to the point of removing TWO people in the last fifteen years or so.

Another idea is to suspend them both into a "fight ring" node that only they can see or post in, for like a week or something. To start with. Just the combatants, and the admins as wardens.

They WON'T want to be cellmates again.
i actually set-up something much like this on my first board.

It was called "The Naughty Corner".

The idea was to use a distinct category with a single forum as a sort of open prison/community court—which was completely accessible for all members at any time-(*if they wanted to)-and within this forum was where any 'Sequestered' naughty group members-(with significantly restricted permissions set)-were still allowed to post replies-(*but not threads, reactions or uploads & such)

It actually did work, however that site was destroyed by a former employee, so i was only able to test it in practice with 2 members-(*ironically one of whom was the former employee)

i actually set-up something much like this on my first board.

It was called "The Naughty Corner".

The idea was to use a distinct category with a single forum as a sort of open prison/community court—which was completely accessible for all members at any time-(*if they wanted to)-and within this forum was where any 'Sequestered' naughty group members-(with significantly restricted permissions set)-were still allowed to post replies-(*but not threads, reactions or uploads & such)

It actually did work, however that site was destroyed by a former employee, so i was only able to test it in practice with 2 members-(*ironically one of whom was the former employee)
Ok i get something similar on a forum i really want to post on.
The admin doesn't want me posting on his forum so i've been given read and react only duties on there with the occasional posting in the tipping.
I laugh reacted at your post because of the effort that you put into setting it up.
you could always ban any internet pest on your board instead.
Also make the board something that is not work related.
So that you and your work buddies can enjoy something less stressful.

Ok i get something similar on a forum i really want to post on.
The admin doesn't want me posting on his forum so i've been given read and react only duties on there with the occasional posting in the tipping.
I laugh reacted at your post because of the effort that you put into setting it up.
you could always ban any internet pest on your board instead.
Also make the board something that is not work related.
So that you and your work buddies can enjoy something less stressful.
😂 Looks like my original response to you was deleted.

To summarize it in four words; you're a legend mate!

Top Bottom