1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football/soccer website

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by sitwi, Jul 24, 2012.

1. sitwi

sitwi Active Member

This is a five year-old website which was hosted by another forum software, and I'm completely sold on XF after a brief nose at it.

I've used a variation of Audentio's wonderful Splash theme and come up with this... it's still a test area at the minute before an imminent go-live, so any suggestions about the presentation etc would be very welcome at this stage.

Regardless of your sporting affiliation, I would find a fresh pair of eyes on this to be really useful!

Thanks guys.

www.fightclubber.com/xenforo

Bob likes this.
  2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

The background fits in real nice with the style which in imho it gives the forum a sharp look that corresponds with the forum topic.

I had a small suggestion, some of your forum titles start with small letters and some with capital letters. It would be better to have them all start with capital letters.

sitwi likes this.
  3. sitwi

sitwi Active Member

Thanks for this! And you're right - I'll sort out the caps.

Actually, the site is now live now with a different URL and slightly amended appearance:

www.spursornothing.co.uk

thanks again!

borbole likes this.
  4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

The portal and the sidebar things have spiced things up quite a lot. Your forum looks real sharp imho.

5. SteveB

SteveB Member

6. scottglax

scottglax Member

Not a big soccer guy, but really like the header img and styling to match. Also like how you made the navtabs transparent. Looks great. I do own some Under Armour stock though, so rooting for the Spurs to win the EPL this year and keep those stock prices going up! lol