Font size throughout site

Wildcat Media

I have a request to make a forum style using a large font size. In short, that means all fonts in the forum need to be made larger.

Is there a single CSS element I can add to make the entire site appear larger?

In Style Properties, I found I could add either "zoom: 120%" or "zoom: 1.2" to make everything larger, but it did not work in Internet Explorer 9. I tried this in both the HTML and BODY style groups, even including "!important" to see if it could be forced. No luck. Of course, it works perfectly in Google Chrome.

Is there something else, or do I have to spend hours trying to find every font size code in Style Properties and change each and every one of them? There has to be something I can add, either through Style Properties or in extra.css.

Interesting...I have many members who would prefer a larger font. I wonder if it would be possible to make a style that uses larger fonts. Sorry if this hijacks the thread.

No, actually, that is exactly what I have been requested to do. The site owner prefers larger fonts, and asked if I could make a larger font style like we did in vBulletin 3.x for him.

I know you can use Ctrl + in a browser to zoom it, but that is not the answer: it needs to be part of a style.

No, actually, that is exactly what I have been requested to do. The site owner prefers larger fonts, and asked if I could make a larger font style like we did in vBulletin 3.x for him.

I know you can use Ctrl + in a browser to zoom it, but that is not the answer: it needs to be part of a style.

Exactly...the other option being using a magnifying glass to read the fonts. ;)

He already wears reading glasses. :laugh:

To put it kindly, some of the forum's membership is of that age where larger fonts really help with readability. That's why it is important to create a theme with larger fonts.

I spent awhile with a copy of the default style last night, and there are just too many places that need a font size change. Plus, there are likely to be fixed-size elements that need adjusting.

There must be some overall CSS I can include that would make the whole page zoom, which is what I want...only it needs to work in IE, not just all the other browsers. Like it or not, too many users still are tied to IE.

I found an -ms-zoom property for CSS, but that still does not work as expected.

Am I going to have to completely edit a theme in all areas just to bump font sizes up? Seems that way, plus we (the staff) have to decide if certain elements can remain small or not. We just want everything to be readable for those who need bigger type on the screen.

Yes, large fonts are absolutley nesessary, small fonts is what I hate in "default" xenforo.

Code:
* {
  font-size: 150% !important
}

Where can I apply this code? Please, help.
(Yest, it should be 150% larger)

As explained in mistypants post:
  • Go to the Admin CP
  • Click on Appearance
  • Click on "Templates", this will take you to your default style.
  • Search and find EXTRA.css
  • Add the code into it.

Top Bottom