Add-on Font resize option when reading posts/threads?

Q_Q WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
View attachment 62430
Try clicking 'Run' at the top D:
Works for me in Firefox and Chrome.

Ah, guess what? It doesn't work in IE9. I switched to Chrome, and it works. Very cool!

What users need is a way to make their font option "stick," though. Lots of older folks on my forum, and they need larger type than what we have on xenforo.

Where, should there be a defined max font-size, min font-size. Settings to disable per user.
Any thoughts?

Yes, here's a wish list:

User group selectable.
Not sure you need to go below the font size that's default for xenforo.
I'd just allow the fonts to be pumped up in 1 point increments up to, say, 14 points (probably after that, the other elements of the forum would become too distorted). So what is Xenforo by default? I think it's 11 point. So we're talking 12, 13, and 14 point.

That should suffice.

Yes, here's a wish list:

User group selectable.
Not sure you need to go below the font size that's default for xenforo.
I'd just allow the fonts to be pumped up in 1 point increments up to, say, 14 points (probably after that, the other elements of the forum would become too distorted). So what is Xenforo by default? I think it's 11 point. So we're talking 12, 13, and 14 point.

That should suffice.
Alright, and should it store in the database, or create a cookie?
I can append the query to the standard xf_user query so there won't be any additional queries, but just asking :3

Ok I finished an initial version.
It's live here:
https://xenogamers.org/

It's on the moderator bar for ease of use, as well as the footer.
It only uses template edits, no files necessary to upload.

Tell me what else I can do before finishing up everything :)

Brilliant! Not sure what the moderator bar is, but I did try the control in the footer. Love it. So this resizes just the post text, right?
It's the bar that follows you when you scroll (the blackish one)
Yes it controls that! Every time you resize it saves to your cookies.
Would options to control what it resizes, as well as a button to reset it be a welcome addition?

Top Bottom