XF 2.2 Font Awesome weight does not change editor design

Chromaniac

This is not a bug because my blank test install works. On my live install, it is stuck on solid. I have checked the templates, and they are all merged or reverted properly. What else should I check? I even emptied my extra.css in case it was messing up something. Even that did not help.

PS: I understand that 2.2 is not a supported build. Just wondering what could be the reason here since it is not really a bug.

PS2: I just realized that this could be due to the font compression resource I used. Font files are of course replaced. So still not sure what's happening here. But would focus on that while I wait for some guidance.

So, I managed to fix it in my default theme. But one of the secondary theme is still using dark fonts. I checked the source code...

Secondary theme has two files:
<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2?_v=5.14.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400.woff2?_v=5.14.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />

Default theme is loading three files:
<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fa-regular-400.woff2?_v=5.14.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2?_v=5.14.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400.woff2?_v=5.14.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />

This is sort of baffling. Time to dive into templates once again!

Top Bottom