1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Font Awesome Icons in Tablinks

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Matthew Hawley submitted a new resource:

Font Awesome Icons in Tablinks - FontAwesome!

Read more about this resource...
  2. BassMan

BassMan Well-Known Member

I've added icons for Resource manager.

Replace content in resources_tab_links template with this:
    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=resource_update'}"><i class="icon-search" style="padding-right: 3px;"></i>{xen:phrase search_resources}</a></li></xen:if>
        <li><a href="{xen:link resources/authors}"><i class="icon-user" style="padding-right: 3px;"></i>{xen:phrase most_active_authors}</a></li>
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} && {$visitor.resource_count}"><li><a href="{xen:link resources/authors, $visitor}"><i class="icon-book" style="padding-right: 3px;"></i>{xen:phrase your_resources}</a></li></xen:if>
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link resources/watched}"><i class="icon-comment" style="padding-right: 3px;"></i>{xen:phrase watched_resources}</a></li></xen:if>
  3. Matthew Hawley

BassMan likes this.
  4. Matthew Hawley

BTW I changed three of them.
  5. BassMan

:) No, problem.
  6. BassMan

And also added some arrow icons in resource_category_sidebar_list template (if anybody would like it). Replace everything with this:
    <xen:foreach loop="$categories" value="$_category">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$_category.resource_category_id} == {$category.resource_category_id}', selected}">
            <a href="{xen:link resources/categories, $_category}" {xen:if $_category.category_description, 'title="{xen:helper striphtml, $_category.category_description}" class="Tooltip" data-tipclass="resourceCategoryTooltip"'}><i class="icon-caret-right" style="padding-right: 3px;"></i>{$_category.category_title}</a>
            <span class="count">{xen:number $_category.resource_count}</span>
        <xen:if is="{$_category.resource_category_id} == {$showChildId}">
            {xen:raw $childCategoryHtml}
  7. tom2tom

tom2tom Member

Tried to apply this but resulted in a green background in the main body.
    Trying to undo it quickly i pressed "reset template" which wasnt the best idea.
    Now my header menu is located just over the footer. Can anybody help out?
  8. Matthew Hawley

Well as a general tip, press CRTL + Z if you want to revert a quick change you've made. Your header / footer problem is most likely because you have a custom skin.

Also, it is better for you to ask the question here: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/ And include a link to your forum.
    tom2tom likes this.
  9. When I attempted STEP TWO of this it messed up my navigation. I do have the font awesome icons that @Sheldon posted to replace username, conversation and alerts.

Also do you know what I need to do to get an icon on the forum rules part of the sub-nav bar?
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

11. thanks for that greatly appreciate it
  12. Matthew Hawley

13. Roberto Bilić

Roberto Bilić Active Member

Icons missing. When try in browser direct access to css see error AccessDenied

Some server issue. Problem resolved.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013