Lack of interest Following (the word)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shanj

I know this has been a vexed question elsewhere and I ( CERTAINLY do not like "friend" to be abused - a friend is a powerful connection far more than a working or playful acquaintance on a forum of a few days or weeks only.

See I'm not a follower type - and scuse me but for some women this is a bit touchy. We still have to combat widespread assumptions about female = follower.
As a leadership personality I also discourage followers. I work a lot to strengthen others and work collaboratively as far as poss. Also again as a woman 'follower' as quite unwelcome interpretations. From an unwanted interest all the way to stalking.
So I don't like it either way round.

Erm - companion?or some variation of link/ bridge ...
Maybe I don't understand what it does but it's just linking me with the other person? and whether folower or followed is just who initiated it?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you want, on your own installation, you can easily change the wording in the phrase system. So once a copy is available, you can change "Follower" to whatever you like. :)

Maybe I don't understand what it does but it's just linking me with the other person? and whether folower or followed is just who initiated it?

The word "follow" is the same as it is on Twitter. If you follow someone, you get their newsfeeds, and can keep up with their posts. If they follow you, they get your newsfeeds and keep up with your posts.

It's the same as friending someone on Facebook.

Top Bottom