Implemented Following and Profiles

Daniel Hood

I feel that if someone chooses to start following me, I should be able to view their profile. This situation just happened to me. I got an alert for someone following me (which is cool, I know who they are) but when I clicked it I was prompted with "This member limits who may view their full profile." Seems kind of off to me.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You should be able to view their profile. The strictest privacy setting is people you follow. Was this here?

I'm okay with people following me. It doesn't bother me at all, I just think the default functionality should be that if you have your profile as private (you have to let people look at it), then when you follow someone, they should automatically be allowed to view your profile.

What happened was @Sheldon followed me, I clicked the alert which goes to his profile, and it said "This member limits who may view their full profile.". Again, no issue whatsoever, we're cool, he's bought a couple addons from me, I'm good with it. I didn't even care about viewing his profile, I just click alerts out of habit pretty much.

tl;dr: I just feel if someone is following me, I should be able to view their profile.

My last post was incorrect. Strictest privacy is nobody but yourself and those who have bypass privacy permissions. Sheldon must have it set to himself, but has the option to show it to people he follows.

Interesting. Ok, if that's how it's supposed to be I suppose.

No big deal, like I said I'm not really bothered by it I just thought it was kind of 'off'

I actually didn't realize my stuff was private until this thread. Hah. I must have done it long ago, and never changed it.

Top Bottom