Lack of interest Follower Rate Limit, or Deletion of Follows upon Deletion of User

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ddrager

We have encountered a new kind of spam. It seems a new spam account will sign up, immediately follow up the maximum number of people (1000). When that account is deleted, the follows remain and they remain listed on the page of people they followed.

I guess there are a few ways to handle this - one is to handle deletion of follows / followed when an account is deleted.

The second is to put some limits on how many people accounts can follow. Such as, 10 account in 24 hours, or make this a board setting. I checked to see if I can apply a limit via nginx, but it appears - surprisingly - these follows are done by hand over a period of an hour or 2.

Or maybe both. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We have encountered a new kind of spam. It seems a new spam account will sign up, immediately follow up the maximum number of people (1000). When that account is deleted, the follows remain and they remain listed on the page of people they followed.

I guess there are a few ways to handle this - one is to handle deletion of follows / followed when an account is deleted.

The second is to put some limits on how many people accounts can follow. Such as, 10 account in 24 hours, or make this a board setting. I checked to see if I can apply a limit via nginx, but it appears - surprisingly - these follows are done by hand over a period of an hour or 2.

Or maybe both. Thank you for your help.
Both of your suggestions are good ideas.

Top Bottom