Folks with fur babies - give 'em a hug

TPerry

Because you don't know how long you will be blessed with them. Our next to oldest baby passed over the rainbow bridge today at around 4:20PM. She came in from her potty break and lay down and wouldn't respond when my wife called her name. She woke me up and as took Jazzabell from her arms I could tell she was passing out of this life. I got to say goodbye to her and hopefully our holding her eased her transition.

Jazzabell - your'e gone, but we will meet again when we leave this plane of existence and we can romp in the fields to your hearts content with all our other fur babies that have gone before and after you.

jazzy-1.webp

And yes, I'm heartbroken even though we have several other babies... this one was very special to me as it was a birthday present and she normally slept adjacent to me at night after giving me a "good night" lick on the cheek.

Because you don't know how long you will be blessed with them. Our next to oldest baby passed over the rainbow bridge today at around 4:20PM. She came in from her potty break and lay down and wouldn't respond when my wife called her name. She woke me up and as took Jazzabell from her arms I could tell she was passing out of this life. I got to say goodbye to her and hopefully our holding her eased her transition.

Jazzabell - your'e gone, but we will meet again when we leave this plane of existence and we can romp in the fields to your hearts content with all our other fur babies that have gone before and after you.

View attachment 129988

And yes, I'm heartbroken even though we have several other babies... this one was very special to me as it was a birthday present and she normally slept adjacent to me at night after giving me a "good night" lick on the cheek.
Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your friend. We've lost several of our dogs when they got older, but I couldn't imagine life without them.

The "weird" thing was, the day before we had gone to check on a dog that my wife was hoping was hers that got out in 2009 when my daughter and her boyfriend didn't secure the gate in the yard during a 4th of July fireworks show. I knew it it wasn't him, but just for her peace of mind we went to check. Sure enough, wasn't him, but he was a friendly little boy and the house he had wandered up at couldn't keep him so we agreed to "foster" him until the owners could be found.
That was on Friday and on Saturday morning I had taken him to the vet since he had some injuries. It was later that day that Jazz came in and passed away.

here is a photo of the dog we were fostering

max.webp

He appeared to have been dumped and maybe attacked by another dog and had a bad limp. Vet said he's about 1 to 2 years old. The marks on his head are scabbed areas that are consistent with a bite.
After Jazzy passed we had to take him back to the vet for a follow up visit. Think we found out why someone dumped him - he has heart worms.
So, since nobody has claimed him, we've gone from fostering him to providing him with a forever home. He goes in on 04/01 to start the treatment for the heart worms (about $350 or so).

I don't see how anyone could be cold hearted enough to dump a dog like him. He's extremely affectionate, he gets along with our other dogs (has from day 1) and he's house broke.

His new name is Max. :D

Last edited:
I know how you feel @Tracy Perry about loosing a fur baby. A couple of days after bringing my first born newborn home from the hospital I noticed my German Shepard acting lethargic and I took her to the vet. At the initial checkup the vet was sure she was developing a case of bronchitis even with all I was telling him. He like me was hoping for the best. He told me to go back home to be with my wife and newborn because it was going to be a few hours on blood work to come back. They called later than evening saying she was having violent seizures and then he suspected she had gotten into something harmful to dogs or someone poisoned her one. So we didn't even really get to say good bye as we told them to go ahead and put her down cause the seizure fried her brain. That was a sad sad day. We had Jayda for 7 years and I was hoping my daughter would get to play with her when she got older cause Jayda was always good with small kids.

I'm kind of new around here, but couldn't not post on this. Bless you @Tracy Perry , and so sorry for your loss. I guess Max was meant to be, and it sounds like he got lucky and found a better home.

I too lost a pup a few years ago, a 15 year old Border Collie. Wasn't well, took her in, and a tumor on her spleen ruptured. She was gone in minutes. I was devastated.
But, a rescue found me (yep, that's right). She was abused, heart worm, ring worm...poor thing was a wreck. But a beautiful red Border Collie with hazel eyes. We're working to get her socialized.

Anyway, it's a good thing you're doing, and glad there's people like yourself who do. Best wishes to you and Max.

I too lost a pup a few years ago, a 15 year old Border Collie. Wasn't well, took her in, and a tumor on her spleen ruptured. She was gone in minutes. I was devastated.
I know how you feel @Tracy Perry about loosing a fur baby.
It's something that folks that don't own pets (or that do but aren't "invested" in them) don't realize... the bundles of fur are not much different than any other member of your family - other than the fact they can't talk to you.
But, a rescue found me (yep, that's right). She was abused, heart worm, ring worm...poor thing was a wreck. But a beautiful red Border Collie with hazel eyes. We're working to get her socialized.
I've gotten where I actively encourage folks to adopt/foster rescue dogs.
Our "big" girl is a collie/heeler mix. To damned smart for her own good sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, it's a good thing you're doing, and glad there's people like yourself who do. Best wishes to you and Max.
Thanks.. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for dogs. If I could, I'd have a few hundred fenced in acres and foster as many as I could support. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom