Flooding Waters In North Platte

Victor

There is a lot of flooding going on where I live. It is a little hard to see since my Friend was driving so fast ;) but The waters are suppose to rise anywhere from another 2-10 foot around here in this week from what I have heard. Here is one of the clips I took driving down to the River

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey, fellow Nebraskan! It's flooding here in Omaha, too.

edit: For the love of God start the video at 3:30. Everything before that is mind-numbingly boring as they take a stroll through North Platte, NE.

Hey, fellow Nebraskan! It's flooding here in Omaha, too.

edit: For the love of God start the video at 3:30. Everything before that is mind-numbingly boring as they take a stroll through North Platte, NE.
Yeah I was going to mention going about 1/2 through to avoid the tour LOL

Here is the one on the way back across the river you can see how the water is getting to there houses and we are still suppose to be rising another 2-10 foot of water :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nebraska is my second home. I was stationed at Offutt AFB for seven years and just fell in love with Omaha. You might not think of Omaha as a city with nearly everything to offer as a big city, but it does. I really miss the College World Series. IMHO, the Henry Doorly Zoo is among the 10 best in the nation. Maybe it doesn't have the sheer number of species as other zoos, but I've not seen better when it comes to presenting animals in as close to their natural habitat.

Sports? The Omaha Storm Chasers (AKA the Omaha Royals) is great AAA baseball. For hockey, there was always the Lancers. And now they have the UFL Nighthawks. You know what you get with sports at this level? A better experience at a lower cost. What the top tier pro sports experience was 40 years ago.

And did I mentionBig Red football or Creighton basketball?

Omaha's downtown was still being revitalized when I left Offutt for the civilian world, but with friends so close we con side them family still there, we visit often and I have been amazed at the changes, not to mention he growth.

Lets say you're like I was 20 years ago, going to night school. Omaha has the best educational big for the buck. UNO was more affordable than Dallas County Community Colleges. And a top university like Creighton wouldn't break your part-timer budget. My wife graduated from St. Mary's University full time and I could afford on a GI's pay.

If you like 4 seasons, Omaha has them. Just be sure to enjoy spring and fall as they don't last long.

Restaurants? Omaha has you covered. I'm from Texas and the best BBQ place I have ever been is in Omaha - Amarillo BBQ in Bellevue. So good that within my first week of being stationed there, I gave them my Texas flag to hand on the wall. When I was back last summer, it was still there.

If I was forced marched out of Texas with a gun to my head never to return, I'd head straight north on 75 and return to Omaha.

Top Bottom