Flat Awesome Dark - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Thanks Steve.
The read/unread is working fine in standard Flat Awesome (as seen above).
The issue is on FA Dark and It's probably caused by my color palette changes.
In the below capture, Buy Sell Trade has 'unread' posts and Firearms and Related has been marked 'Read' making it so that the icons get darker (blending into the background) if there are unread posts. Ideally, I'd like node icons to be darker in Read state and lighter in Unread state.

upload_2015-3-19_7-40-50.webp

My color palette edits have also inadvertently made your footer link text disappear into my background...
upload_2015-3-19_7-44-50.webp

Last edited:
I figured it out :) Love these styles!!

Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon
{
  color: #ba3d2a;
  opacity: 0.7;
}

.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon
{
  opacity: 0.2;
}

Made my Unread dark orange and toned down my Read.

upload_2015-3-19_8-27-13.webp

It looks like there is a : after the notice dismissal X in both Flat Awesome styles and I can also see it in your screenshot
upload_2015-3-20_9-37-9.webp

Russ updated Flat Awesome Dark with a new update entry:

1.4.5 Updates

This is a minor update to Flat Awesome Dark, here's what's been fixed:

• Updated to 1.4.5
  • Updated Font Awesome to 4.3.0
  • Z-Index issues which caused the Facebook sharing to be partially hidden should be corrected now
  • Removed random extra div I typed in by accident in the footer :)
  • Replaced Closed Icons so they work on all overlays which should have a close button
  • Fixed a .Responsive specific CSS for the editor icons
  • Fixed double close icon showing on notices...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well, the update removed all my customizations. Is there a way (in the future) to update and keep all my customized colors and stuff?

Ensure you have your customised theme as a child of Flat Awesome Dark and make your changes to that, rather than changing anything in the FAD theme itself.

That way your customisations are preserved and you get to manually or automatically merge them when there's an update to thsi theme. Definitely works as I've just upgraded mine to 1.4.5 with no manual changes required and all colours etc preserved.

66df74

Any chance you can make that text easier to see?

Getting an error with the latest version:
attachment_editor_attachment

This template is outdated. It is recommended that you merge the parent changes into this template.

It seems I am having a little trouble with Xenporta 2 and this theme. If you take a look here, it changes the link colors from that pastel red you see in threads to a light grey for some reason. It also seems like it's not filling the news posts with a color like it does with the widgets.

Of course it could be the add on, but any attention to the issue would be awesome.

Great theme btw.

Getting an error with the latest version:
attachment_editor_attachment

This template is outdated. It is recommended that you merge the parent changes into this template.

Use the merge function to update the template. If that doesn't work you'll need to do it by hand until I push out an update.

It seems I am having a little trouble with Xenporta 2 and this theme. If you take a look here, it changes the link colors from that pastel red you see in threads to a light grey for some reason. It also seems like it's not filling the news posts with a color like it does with the widgets.

Of course it could be the add on, but any attention to the issue would be awesome.

Great theme btw.

I think xenporta uses the user generated link colors found in style properties -> message elements -> user generated link

I'll take a look at your colors not filling when I'm back at my computer (out for the morning)

Great theme btw.

You can add this to your extra.css if you'd like:

Code:
.articleItem .primaryContent {
background-color: rgb(48, 48, 48);
}

Adds a color on there to match the footer(of the articles).

Ideally this should work:

Click outdated templates, then merge changes:

View attachment 106543

And no need for a payment, branding removal can be purchased here if you'd like:

https://pixelexit.com/xenforo-styles/branding-removal-free-styles-only.13/

• Flat Awesome Dark
    1. Merge Changes
      attachment_editor_attachment Custom Version: 1.4.1, Parent Version: 1.4.7
If attempt merge:

Error

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

Adds a color on there to match the footer(of the articles).

Thanks, that looks a lot better.

I think xenporta uses the user generated link colors found in style properties -> message elements -> user generated link

Nope, that is the red color, so it can't be that. I will take a look around and see what I can come up with but if you come up with any other ideas of what it could be, I would appreciate it if you let me know.

Here you go, it's using the primaryContent link color, this should adjust it anyway you want it:

Code:
.articleItem .primaryContent a {
color: #FFF;
}

Top Bottom