Flag Post [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Flag Post - Allows admin to Flag Posts.

Description:

Flagging a post is useful in situations where the admin will want to get back to a post in the future. Only the admin will see the post has been flagged. This add-on is designed to be used by the admin only.

How to flag a post:

To flag a post, go to any post and click the Flag Post located below the message.

View attachment 68732

How to review flagged posts:

To bring up the flag posts list, click the visitor tab and select Flag Post List....

Read more about this resource...

Like an admin only 'bookmarks' add on. I like this, very lightweight, but my members and staff need this also so I've had to pass. I use waindigo's bookmarks add on but I would use this in its place should I ever need an admin only functionality.

Is it possible to add notes to flag post so we can remember why we flagged it? also would be nice to have global flags and personal ones so we can share with other admins..

Thanks!

Note: This add-on is designed to be used by the admin and moderators only.
Hey, can you explain why is this designed to be used only by admins?

In my 10 years of forum experience as a user, I missed one thing. Always, there were some messages in boards, which I wanted to save and remember them. Like for example in a thread with more than 1000+ messages, you liked really some posts. Basically for these posts people spent a lot of effort and time and you didnt want to forget these ones. So, I always wished (mostly VBulletin) that there would be a option to save selected messages for the personal archive.

And I think this is a great add-on for this. You flag it and it will be in your flag list forever which could be used as an archive.

But I assume because of spamming and/or database queries, you dont suggest this to be used by regular members, is this correct?

Hmm, maybe I should put a request?

Hey @AndyB ,
Interesting addon. Like others i want to use this not just for mods and admins, but regular users to bookmark/flag posts that they can come back to. Could you perhaps explain why its not meant for that? Is it going to become too memory intensive if we allowed users to use this?

Hey @AndyB ,
Interesting addon. Like others i want to use this not just for mods and admins, but regular users to bookmark/flag posts that they can come back to. Could you perhaps explain why its not meant for that?

Its a post-flagging system for moderators, a bookmarking system would be a completely different system requiring a complete code rewrite which anyone is welcome to develop. Technically their is nothing to stop it being made open to everyone, but it would be quite a useless system if that was to happen as the flags wouldn't have any relevance as anyone who has access can see ALL flags.

Its a post-flagging system for moderators, a bookmarking system would be a completely different system requiring a complete code rewrite which anyone is welcome to develop. Technically their is nothing to stop it being made open to everyone, but it would be quite a useless system if that was to happen as the flags wouldn't have any relevance as anyone who has access can see ALL flags.
ok that is a big key, I thought it was flags per user, not a list of all flags

Top Bottom