First Question ... API docs and/or examples?

Could ideally do with some info as to what the other code event listeners are for/do as their id's leave it a little vague.

Some of this will take some getting used to. I have been modding vb for so long I am excited to learn some new stuff! I for one would LOVE to see more videos like this one! That really helped me out.

I'm trying to generate the API/Documentation using phpDocumentor,
but the memory limit (256M) gets exhausted every time.
Here are the docs, as generated by phpDocumentor (Zend, SabreDAV excluded): http://ul.to/zd0r15 (format: 7zip)

NB: I'm no expert in phpDoc so I may have chosen a wrong template or have had missing options.

Could ideally do with some info as to what the other code event listeners are for/do as their id's leave it a little vague.

The Code Events come with descriptions that help a lot. When I first seen them I found them difficult to understand, until I understood XF's model. Now looking at the Listener's name I can tell if that is the one I need to use or not.

The Code Events come with descriptions that help a lot. When I first seen them I found them difficult to understand, until I understood XF's model. Now looking at the Listener's name I can tell if that is the one I need to use or not.

I still don't fully understand XenForo, but I too have been able to decipher what I need just by the names.

Benjy, would it be possible for you to generate the docs for Beta 5 with the following settings:
  • Output format: HTML:Smarty:PHP
  • Documentation Title: XenForo 1.0
  • Default Package Name: XenForo_Mvc

For the life of me, I'm *still* unable to generate the documentation myself. The script just silently dies while reading the source php files (ie, General Parsing Stage). No errors are shown, the php-cgi.exe process doesn't die, and nothing is logged in php's error log. :(

Benjy, would it be possible for you to generate the docs for Beta 5 with the following settings:
  • Output format: HTML:Smarty:PHP
  • Documentation Title: XenForo 1.0
  • Default Package Name: XenForo_Mvc
For the life of me, I'm *still* unable to generate the documentation myself. The script just silently dies while reading the source php files (ie, General Parsing Stage). No errors are shown, the php-cgi.exe process doesn't die, and nothing is logged in php's error log. :(
Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14050750/xenforo_1.0.0-Beta-5_docs.zip :)

There is a bug with the PhpDocumentor package (some templates and files have a 2-chars extension instead of 3-chars).
I corrected it (and removed the notices showing on some pages) and re-generated the docs. The link is the same as before.

EDIT: quick'n'dirty edit of the main CSS to look more like XF

Thanks for the 1.0 docs. I tried to use phpdocumentor 2 to generate the 1.1 docs, but it failed :(

So, if someone could get it to work with 1.1, please share the generated docs. Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom