First Post

First Post 1.4

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

First Post - Requires new users to make their first post an introduction thread.

Description:

This add-on requires new users to make their first post an introduction thread.

(Example of error message)

View attachment 67093
(Example of options page)

View attachment 67094
Error message is displayed when:
  1. Replying to an existing thread
  2. Creating a new thread in the wrong forum
Installation:
  1. Download firstpost_v1.0.zip and unzip it
  2. Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is...

Read more about this resource...

Can you do one that requires them to first post in a thread?

or one by usergroups? Cause I have an introduction thread for paid usergroups too.

Hi and thank you for this great add-on but In my case it isn't working properly because I have disabled the message count in the presentation forum so the new user is unable to write messages even if he posted an introduction thread, because his message count is still zero. Is it possible to solve this problem?

Hi all, please note that this mod doesn't work if you disable post count in the intro section.. is there a work around for this? we would still like to keep the intro section post count free?

What is an introduction section ? Its says number ?? Not Thread.
Not sure what an introduction section is to match the required number.

I see its working for others, hmm a search does not reveal what a introduction section is or how to set it
up on this thing to work.
Is there still support for this add-on ?

Solved for anyone wondering. On site example : /introduce-yourself-here.19/ the thread you want. ( or any name of he thread in question you want it pointed to)
Just look for the number in this case example.
You input the 19 .

Useful addon, but, it is not showing any popup message like your screenshot and it is not displaying any link to the "introduction" forum.

How about enabling this to all users ?

For example, I have 1000 users and all of them have already created threads. The idea is to make them introduce themselves even if they are already registered or are new users.

Is that possible ?

Thanks.

Hi There,
Just a thought, not sure on how members are at your forum? But mine might become pretty annoyed if I forced them to
post somewhere now especially after being there and supporting the site.

Suggestion if I may ? Perhaps send out a newsletter saying particular day or week is get acquainted week and we would like everyone
to get to know everyone. Maybe even give a random prize to a member and mention that in your newsletter.
People generally do not mind getting involved if you make it fun and interested and not an order.

Just my two cents.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi all, please note that this mod doesn't work if you disable post count in the intro section.. is there a work around for this? we would still like to keep the intro section post count free?
Was this ever resolved? I'd love to install this add-on too, but not at the expense of tripling spam in the intro section...

FYI: I had a user just today post his/her/it first post in a thread they shouldn't have been allowed to. Not the forum I have indicated in my options for this add on.

From what I understand, Tapatalk bypasses all add-ons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom