First post only

First post only [Paid] 1.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

First post only - Show first post only to guests.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Show first post only to guests.

This add-on encourages visitors to register to...

Read more about this resource...

I found bug: if there is only one post text in button to register doesn't work (missing "You must log in or register to reply here." phrase) - only blank button:

1522014661964.webp

if I disable "Only first post" addon all works (english phrase is: "You must log in or register to reply here. "):
1522014752390.webp

I've checked several different configurations again:

Forum with First Post Only enabled, thread with one message - OK
Forum with First Post Only enabled, thread with several messages - OK

Forum with First Post Only disabled, thread with one message - no OK
Forum with First Post Only disabled, thread with many messages - OK

enabled = forum selected in addon options:
1522046119852-png.171844

So in my opinion problem is here:

1522047413861-png.171845

because if I disabled this template modification all works great.

Last edited:
@AndyB It looks like this add-on is doing some a pretty large and highly incompatible find/replace function in the template mod with the key "FirstPostOnly_thread_view_1". Would you mind changing this to regex, or at cut down on the large find function and use the proper way of adding the code back with "$0 "instead of duplicating the code?

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 10.28.45 AM.png

Last edited:
@AndyB It looks like this add-on is doing some a pretty large and highly incompatible find/replace function in the template mod with the key "FirstPostOnly_thread_view_1". Would you mind changing this to regex, or at cut down on the large find function and use the proper way of adding the code back "with $0 instead of duplicating the code"?

View attachment 228268

A personal conversation would be more appropriate, don't you think?

@AndyB It looks like this add-on is doing some a pretty large and highly incompatible find/replace function in the template mod with the key "FirstPostOnly_thread_view_1". Would you mind changing this to regex, or at cut down on the large find function and use the proper way of adding the code back with "$0 "instead of duplicating the code?

View attachment 228268

Is this going to be fixed?

View attachment 228268

Is this going to be fixed?

This still has not been fixed. It needs to be addressed as it’s causing conflicts with other addons due to not following the coding standards.

Glad that this is back, some of my clients are reliant on this, but it’s a shame that XF had to step in and remove the resource before it was brought up to the resource standards.

Top Bottom