1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Bryan Gilchrist, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Bryan Gilchrist

Bryan Gilchrist Active Member

FireworkReviews.com will be launching at midnight tonight. It uses Xenforo, XenMediaGallery and (eventually) XenReviews plus a multitude of Xenforo add-ons.

The site will feature consumer as well as display firework reviews and discussion, pictures, videos, etc.

The site was formerly known as PyroReview.com which ran from 2004-2013 and had over 6,000 members. Unfortunately all data from that site was lost in one of five (yes, five) hard drive crashes in 2013. :(

So, new name, new look, new software, new start! :)
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Echelon likes this.
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I like the theme!
  3. Bryan Gilchrist

Thanks! It's from Audentio, the xenBlock theme.

It's only temporary, though...getting a custom theme made.
  4. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

The theme looks nice! Good choice of red, it's not too bright nor too dark. Best of luck with the site.
  5. Bryan Gilchrist

Thanks! :)
  6. Bryan Gilchrist

The site is now live...opened it a few hours early.
  7. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

I like it myself. Who is doing your theme design?
  8. Bryan Gilchrist

Not sure yet. I have an inquiry in at PixelExit, but have yet to hear back from them.

Nice truck, BTW. :)
    BoostN likes this.
  9. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

@Russ of PixelExit is a great guy - They got a bit of a backlog right now though! Awesome site. Do you own your own Firework business? If not, might be good to try and work with Epic Fireworks on this - also a great bunch of guys and may help you generate some traffic if they link you.
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I emailed you back yesterday Bryan, looking forward to your response. Talk to you soon.

Thanks @Thom Tyler
  11. Bryan Gilchrist

I've decided to stick with the current theme for now until I get some funds together for a custom look.

I did update to the latest version of the theme, though, and also made a few minor changes to the look.
  12. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Nice theme.
  13. Bryan Gilchrist

At the request of many former users, I have changed the site back to its former name.

Additionally, I switched the theme over to UI.X (parent theme to xenBlock).
  14. vishall

vishall Active Member

i love the red, it's similar to my site :)
  15. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Great job good choice of colors.
    Bryan Gilchrist likes this.