XF 2.1 Firefox issue with email notification links

Mr Lucky

Could be a bug but for now I will assume it's a Firefox issue.

I am getting random issue when clicking on a thread link in an email notification it sometimes gows to my Firefox hopme page instead of to the thrtead.

If I click on the link again it goes to the thead.

Most times it is OK, but has just happened a few times so far.

What email client are you using?

When this happens, check the URL in the address bar. Has Firefox taken you to the correct page for that URL?

I have been using various versions of Outlook (the software, not Outlook.com) and I have seen occasional oddities in opening email links from Outlook to Firefox but the issue is with Outlook, not Firefox. Outlook at times corrupts the URL.

I'm using (Mac) Mail.

This has only been quite recent and after opening Firefox form it (ie the Home page instead of the link) and then click the link again it goes to the link so doesn't seem to be a corrupted link.

I was assuming it's Firefox, but then I haven't yet tested another browser as default. It only happens once or twice a day. And I'm not sure if it happens on all xenforo forums I use - will do a bit moere testing.

OK I can make it happen approx 50% of the time with Firefox, not at all with Chrome or Safari.

It doesn't happen if Firefox is already open, so it needs to be default browser and closed. Then it will do it randomly (makes no difference whether cache is cleared or not or whether the computer has just been restsrted or not)

I was assuming it's Firefox, but then I haven't yet tested another browser as default. It only happens once or twice a day. And I'm not sure if it happens on all xenforo forums I use - will do a bit moere testing.

I'm able to duplicate this issue. The link to the thread works fine if Chrome is the default browser, but if Firefox is the default browser it fails 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom