XF 2.2 Find posts form "Deleted member xx"

knobby

I recently deleted a member of my forum and changed all his posts to "Deleted member xx". But although all these posts are still there I can't search for this deleted member as it just says they are not found.
Is there anyway to get a list of posts from this deleted member (I'm having issues with him as he is claiming copyright violation).
Thanks

Once the member has been deleted, the posts are no longer associated with a user account.

Ask the member to identify the posts he is claiming copyright over and then decide what you want to do with each one (you don't have to delete the content if there is no personally identifiable information).

Once the member has been deleted, the posts are no longer associated with a user account.
They are still associated with the username in the database - the username exists in the "xxx_users" table and the posts associated with the username in the "xxx_posts" table.

(you don't have to delete the content if there is no personally identifiable information).
He's not whinging about GDPR, just copyright. There is no personally identifiable information in his actual posts.

He's not whinging about GDPR, just copyright. There is no personally identifiable information in his actual posts.
Normally a user retains the copyright but forum owner still has non exclusive right to publish on the forum. They do not have any legal right to force you to remove, unless as mentioned it’s a GDPR request about personally identifiable content.

I was a bit more concerned that all the users details are still in the database and associated with the username that has been deleted. Isn't this a GDPR issue?

I was a bit more concerned that all the users details are still in the database and associated with the username that has been deleted. Isn't this a GDPR issue?

Yes, but that isn't copyright or a reason to delete posts.

As above, if they have personal details in their posts (e.g. a picture of their house with street address including the rock they keep the front door key under, or their bank login and password, or their cat's maiden name etc.) then those are the posts you may want to delete under GDPR, but only if they link to an identifiable person.

Top Bottom