Finally taking the plunge 10xhost ok to start with?

Happy2Day

Have decided to go ahead and buy xenforo for a new forum I am starting.

THANK YOU! To all who have answered my endless questions :)

Just finalizing my decision which host to go with.

After lots of research thinking of going with x10hosting.

Anyone else use it?

Think it is ok to start with?

https://x10premium.com/infinity-plus-package

I don't think I need the power and extras of something liquidweb nor the higher cost.

Have you looked into Linode? It's unmanaged but for the price it can't be beat. You could hire someone like @MattW to set things up for you using Centminmod and it's pretty much hassle free after that. Plus most of your resources are going to what is important and not going to a web based control panel.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am more concerned with the quality of the host and something I don't have to mess with. A quick look at linode seems to actually be more expensive unless I am not understanding things.

Actually, rolling out CentOS on any of them is easy - and installing/using CentMin is even easier. Only real issue is if you want to do your own mail. You have to roll your own for that or use a provider.

Thank you Tracy, very much appreciated is much appreciated

I have to admit I have no idea what you just posted lol So what is easy for you and many others is totally Greek to someone like me.

Thank you Tracy, very much appreciated is much appreciated

I have to admit I have no idea what you just posted lol So what is easy for you and many others is totally Greek to someone like me.

He's basically saying that using/installing Centmin is easy but the only drawback is a mail server. Since Centmin doesn't provide that you would need to use something like Amazon SES, Google Apps, Zoho or something similar.

Top Bottom