Finally Purchased a "kind of" Ultrabook!?

yavuz

It has been almost a year that I'm window and browser shopping for an ultra-book. Just couldn't find anything that fit my specifications. Either it's the price, design or features were missing. I always worked with Laptops, haven't used them for gaming or anything and used them for a long time. My current Laptop is almost 4 years old.

Lately there have been some interesting models out in the marked. Like the convertibles by Lenovo, dual screen tablet-laptop hybrids by Acer and removable screens by Asus. Sony has some decent models to offer as well. But as much as most of them are appealing in one way, there is always something missing.

So I stumbled upon one laptop that is kind of a tablet but a powerful home computer alternative:

56034_d1.webp

It’s an interesting and bold design and the reviews were not bad at all. Here is a short presentation:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Intel Core i7-3537U 2.00GHz
(15.6") FHD IPS Touch,
256GB SSD
8GB
GeForce GT 750M
2.5 Kg

and this model gets shipped with a stylus pen (and the other Essentials) for a total of 1.299,00 € including taxes.

What do you think?

I'm assuming the decimal points and thousands separator have switched..?

So, €1,299....

That sounds like a lot. That device also looks rather strange...

The specs are good though :)

Not sure about the keyboard/trackpad layout, or the low-voltage CPU on a 15" design, or any premium product under the Acer brand

But other than that it looks like an excellent buy for the price

Edit: Is 2.5kg a typo? That's not at all ultrabook weight and I definitely wouldn't buy any laptop that heavy (max about 1.7kg for me)

I'm assuming the decimal points and thousands separator have switched..?

So, €1,299....

That sounds like a lot. That device also looks rather strange...

The specs are good though :)

I had just copied over it's E-Bay page. Yeah, but recently I've been working with Photoshop and Corel a lot, video editing programs as well and my current laptop freezes every other second. I'm hoping to use this one for a few years and it to be a good investment.

Not sure about the keyboard/trackpad layout, or the low-voltage CPU on a 15" design, or any premium product under the Acer brand

But other than that it looks like an excellent buy for the price

Edit: Is 2.5kg a typo? That's not at all ultrabook weight

I thought about the trackpad too but with the screen reaching the keyboard and be able to touch the screen I wasn't worried much after that. I've used three laptops before this one and every one of them was a 15'' screen laptop. I must admitt I'm not an expert with the very specific spesifications (like you mentioning low-voltage CPU) what negative impact would it have?

I had an Acer laptop before and used it for a long time up until I purchased a new one (and sold the old one for decent price).

I've been playing around with my new laptop and suffice to say I'm impressed. Only downside is the reverse pad design is not working for me. I have to use the mouse (which also shipped with the laptop) for serious work (like working with Photoshop). The stylus pen also helps big time (also comes with the package).

I've made two presentations for clients so far and the screen bending has been very helpful. A kudos to the fairly generous accessories and premium packaging. It truly feels like a premium product from top to bottom.

I've been playing around with my new laptop and suffice to say I'm impressed. Only downside is the reverse pad design is not working for me. I have to use the mouse (which also shipped with the laptop) for serious work (like working with Photoshop). The stylus pen also helps big time (also comes with the package).

I've made two presentations for clients so far and the screen bending has been very helpful. A kudos to the fairly generous accessories and premium packaging. It truly feels like a premium product from top to bottom.
Yeah, I've seen the models in store and always wondered how the reversed pad/keyboard worked out in actual use. I find trackpads very uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time... I suppose it's mitigated by the touch screen, and it's a neat idea, just don't think it's quite right in implementation.

Yeah, I've seen the models in store and always wondered how the reversed pad/keyboard worked out in actual use. I find trackpads very uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time... I suppose it's mitigated by the touch screen, and it's a neat idea, just don't think it's quite right in implementation.

Agreed, it could have been completely removed and wouldn't made a difference. Moving the hands over the keyboard to use the pad is uncomfortable and often you hit a key in the process. for serious use the mouse and touchscreen are more than enough. One other thing I'm impressed of is the video and sound quality. I'm playing 1080p movies without a hitch.

Top Bottom