XF 2.2 Finally about to install on live server, have a question about multiple installs.

Global96

I initially installed it on XAMPP (ran it locally, offline) and used it until I realised that I couldn't even purchase a theme without a live site running.

Now I bought a server, but I heard that you can only have a single installation of XenForo... Does this mean that I'll have to transfer my currently installed XenForo forum to my server, or can I still do a fresh install?

Just to be clear, I am aware that you can only use a single domain and run a single Xenforo site per license.

Last edited:
You can have one additional test installation
More than one is permitted.
You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Does this mean that I'll have to transfer my currently installed XenForo forum to my server, or can I still do a fresh install?
You can keep your localhost installation for testing.

If you want your live site to exactly match the localhost instance, then you can take a backup of the DB and restore it on the server.
Otherwise, you can just do a new installation and set it up again.

Top Bottom