Files uploads on another server

Wyvh

Greetings,
A simple yet important question went through my mind.

XenForo offers the possibility to upload files on the forums.
I was then wondering if the following could be possible: XenForo would be on SERVER1, while all files uploaded by users would end up on SERVER2 (different hosts)

My searches didn't help me find the correct answer.
Thanks !

Hey,
Thanks for your reply.

I did take a -long- look at the add-ons, and haven't find anything even close from what I am looking for. Any idea ?

There is only 1 addon (or 2) I know of which can do this (used to be more I think), but before you go this way, you should definitely check out the thread of it. Because once you do that, putting your files outside of your main server, it will be problematic putting them back again. It can cause a lot of problems.

Data Storage for XF1
Attachment Store for XF1
There is also a XF2 version on his website (not sure why xfrocks didn't upload on here yet).

No problem. Again, if you plan to use one of those suggested ones, be really careful. Don't say I didn't warn you :). Have also a nice day.

By using an addon it is possible or writing your own script.
Actually... no add-on required... just mount a remote location via NFS and then set a symlink so that the /data (I think it is) points to your mounted location.
That way if you ever decide to bring it all back onto one server it's simply moving those files from the remote NFS mount into the newly created (real) /data directory on the main script server. This works for most any script.
It is recommended to have both instances in the same DC due to latency, and preferably on a private network (internal).

Top Bottom