XF 1.5 Few odds & ends

Misayuki

Bit of an adjustment coming from mybb but going mostly well. With that said, there are just a few things I am just stumped with figuring out and could use some help.

1. When trying to link a category, instead of it taking us to a page with just that individual category and respective forum it just moves the main forum index down to wherever the category is located? I'd like to be able to link specifically to the category and have it take you to a page. Like how it is on mybb

http://community.mybb.com/forum-161.html is an example.

2. How do you make subforums visible always on the forum index without needing to click the arrow and waiting for the dialogue box to appear? It seems a tad user unfriendly.

3. Is there a way to mass delete forums via the admin panel without having to do them one by one?
4. Is there a way to mass select all threads in one forum without having to go to every single page and hitting select all? I'd like to be able to move them from Forum A to Forum B.

Thanks for your time,
Yuki

I'd like to be able to link specifically to the category and have it take you to a page.
Use the ACP search in the top right and enter: "pages for categories"
Enable the option.

How do you make subforums visible always on the forum index without needing to click the arrow and waiting for the dialogue box to appear?
ACP search: sub-forums
Uncheck the sub-forums popup.

Is there a way to mass delete forums via the admin panel
If they are in a category or parent forum, you can delete the parent and it will give the option to delete all children.

Is there a way to mass select all threads in one forum without having to go to every single page and hitting select all?
Batch Update Threads in the ACP.

Batch Update Threads in the ACP.
This would have saved so much time had I known it existed :(

Also, I notice with imports from mybb that it gives me a notification for all the PMs I have unread. Quite a few thousands. Is there a way to get rid of the alert. I am going to assume it is the same for all users?

Top Bottom