Feeder - Having problem with a feed that is acting like a 'one-shot' deal...

Kevin

Here is my scenario...

I have the site pulling in an RSS feed configured in the Feeder options (http://feeds.elca.org/rss/dbr). That particular feed only has one item at a time and will always only have one item at a time in it. If I add the feed and click 'Import Now' it works fine. However, after that it never pulls in any more feeds again, even if I go manually go back into the ACP and click 'Import Now' to force it to import. However, if I delete the existing registered feed and then add it back in again with the exact same settings then click 'Import Now' it works for that item but then the cycle described repeats itself in that it never imports again, going back in and manually importing has no results, and deleting & re-adding it will work once.

Any thoughts on what I can take a look at to try & debug what is going on? :unsure:

The feeder will not import the same item twice. It hash checks each item. So that feed would have to present a different item before anything new will be imported.

The feeder will not import the same item twice. It hash checks each item. So that feed would have to present a different item before anything new will be imported.
It changes everyday. ;) If I reset everything Monday, import it, it works fine. But the Tuesday update never happens and even if I go in and do a manual import Tuesday it still won't import. I also checked to make sure that the titles between Monday & Tuesday were changing.

I am having the same problem, since the update to 1.0.4 nothing imports.. I have given up on the feeds now :p

I have checked the xf tasks and the job is there and enabled but nothing ever happens :(

The 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 updates were pretty close together so I can't be sure but I know either after the upgrade to 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 that the feeds stopped working alltogether unless I manually import them.

Oh yeah I forgot about this.

I have been able to determine that the feeder is not importing new items from this feed because the item link doesn't change. Both the old item and new item have the same link in the feed:

http://www.elca.org/What-We-Believe/The-Bible/Todays-Bible-Reading.aspx

This link is stored in xf_feed_log.unique_id. When it finds an old imported item with the same unique_id it doesn't import the new item.

You can contact the host for that feed to see about changing the feed itself. Or you can modify the code in XenForo to make an exception for that feed.

Jake,

Thanks for checking. :cool:

However, there is very little chance of the ELCA changing their site due to one particular RSS client having issues especially since the 'link' tag is not a required element in the feed (let alone being used as a unique ID). :(

Looks like my solution will end being trying to hack the code to use something like... "Use GUID if present else use something like LINK+TITLE as a fallback."

Hi!

I have similar problem with feeds of my xf board. I'm using TwitterFeed to post new items on my Facebook page, but there is a problem (answer from TwitterFeed):

it looks like the problem is that the links aren't unique, so some new items contain the same links that were used by older items we already posted. We check GUIDs and links for duplication, see also http://help.twitterfeed.com/knowled...eed-updated-once-but-only-once-and-never-agai
- - - - - -

I really don't know how to solve this by my self. Can somebody help me? @Jake Bunce , perhaps?

Top Bottom