Feedburner

DRE

Today I set up Feedburner for my site's articles RSS feeds. After I set it up I noticed three new features that I didn't notice before. One was Link Splicing. For instance if I have a digg.com account, it will insert all my posts from Digg. That is very cool. The other is Socialization, which lets my feed automatically post to Twitter, which is also cool and the third was the ping service. I wish I knew where Feedburner sends pings out to though.

Unfortunately there was no Facebook socialization for the feeds. So I looked up some services. I tried two Facebook apps. One called NetworkedBlogs.com and the other called RSS Grafitti. None worked. When I tried the XenSocialize addon I had the same problem. So apparently my Facebook is jacked up. Do any of you use any other apps to send your RSS feeds to Facebook?

There was Social RSS which i have used in past in last 2months feeds have been acting weird everytime someone replied to threads they were bumped back in FB page so i stopped using it.

Darn. Tried Twitterfeed too but that only works for Twitter. Something wrong with my Facebook forreal.

Does anyone use dlvr.it? Why is TheVisitors avatar showing up as my feed icon?

visitors.webp

I answered you on your site, but I'll answer it here as well for those wondering.....

It's picking up my profile, which has a link to my site ( http://www.SociallyUncensored.eu )

When I was a customer of IPB ... I learned a dirty SEO trick they do.

In your root, image root, and all your style roots make an image using the exact name (meta_image.png) and file detentions 50 x 50 . Keep the file size small too.

Give it a while for Facebook to un-cache mine and replace it with yours.

News sites like ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox all use a small image media file, so when you post a link on some place like Facebook, you see the image (their logo). This is how IPB forums work too.

I guess my site is the only link that has that and that is why Facebook is picking it up. If you make your own (follow my instructions), it will take presidency over it as this is the direct domain linking on your Facebook (cancel out mine)

Sorry.

I answered you on your site, but I'll answer it here as well for those wondering.....

It's picking up my profile, which has a link to my site ( http://www.SociallyUncensored.eu )

When I was a customer of IPB ... I learned a dirty SEO trick they do.

In your root, image root, and all your style roots make an image using the exact name (meta_image.png) and file detentions 50 x 50 . Keep the file size small too.

Give it a while for Facebook to un-cache mine and replace it with yours.

News sites like ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox all use a small image media file, so when you post a link on some place like Facebook, you see the image (their logo). This is how IPB forums work too.

I guess my site is the only link that has that and that is why Facebook is picking it up. If you make your own (follow my instructions), it will take presidency over it as this is the direct domain linking on your Facebook (cancel out mine)

Sorry.
Thanks!

Top Bottom