[Feedback/Suggestion] post screen too small

Kim

Hey hey,

I find the post area on the full editor version, or like now on the New Topic screen to be a bit on the stingey side.. is there any reason why it is so small? On my monitor it occupies a mere 1/3 of the screen in the middle in either direction, there seems to be a lot of real estate going to waste with only a tiny usable area, surely it could be expandable with a min width for those on minsey resolutions.

Just recently I uploaded a pretty small image, and manipulating in this tiny box with the RTE on I found very difficult and cumbersome, it would be so much more elegant and easier to work with if the actual post area was enlarged I believe.

beerchug.gif

Upvote 0
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
Sorry I did do a search, but it didn't bring up your previous :)

I will be massively dissapointed if it remains at this tiny size... I find it almost unusable, especially when using images, and I do that all day every day ... unfortunately one cannot use the QR for uploading images either.

Not to make too many comparisons, I know this is a new and different product, but.. I always detested the little v big B for it's mingey little post area.

My regular software gives me a very generous posting area by comparison....

postscreen.png

postscreen2.png

moz-screenshot.png

... unfortunately one cannot use the QR for uploading images either.
There is an "Upload a file" button below the QR editor and images can then be embedded.
Unless you mean a different problem?

My regular software gives me a very generous posting area by comparison....
I actually edited the text editor on my site to get it exactly how I wanted.
I suspect the same will be possible here but it would be nice to have all instances of the post editor the same width as the post body without having to manually edit files and templates.

whoops, my bad on the QR not having uploads, no idea where I got that from lol doh! The QR is however even smaller height wise, making it again difficult when working with images.

I am sure I could edit it too, but I hate having to do so, I also know plenty of people, especially older folks who will be put off by this, and who really don't want to have to make code changes for something that should be built in.

>_<

I find the post area on the full editor version, or like now on the New Topic screen to be a bit on the stingey side.. is there any reason why it is so small?

Just recently I uploaded a pretty small image, and manipulating in this tiny box with the RTE on I found very difficult and cumbersome, it would be so much more elegant and easier to work with if the actual post area was enlarged I believe.

Dragonfly,

You are totally right.

For all people frustrated ;) by the tiny sized 'Advanced' editor of XenForo, please support my suggestion overhere and see if these points make sense to you. It will solve most, if not all issues we have now or may experience with the Advanced Editor of XenForo, IMHO.