• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Fb Send Button threads "Share This Page"

B

bogus

I am using this since a Member was asking for.
Very simple modification to add Facebooks Send Button. Remember to add this always after a xenforo upgrade. Maybe this will be added by default ;)

In ACP Template search for share_page

and replace

<fb:like href="{$url}" show_faces="true" width="500" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
with
<fb:like href="{$url}" show_faces="true" send="true" width="500" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
Attachment is a preview Screen.

p.s.: If any knows how to get rid of the BBCode dont hesitate to tell

Attachments

B

bogus

Nothing that i have done. It´s just a simple config part FB is offering and which is easy to implement.
But as I thought it is quite interesting for those who do not know

B

bogus

Well done something.. VERY dirty coded.... Check if a forum is secret is missing. Like posts wont be shown in FB or twitter but the buttons shouldnt be shown in a private Forum....

I have taken over the Idea of the Twitter button from the Link i posted one Post over this one

Create a new Template and call it share_user_post. Fill it with the following code
Code:
<xen:if is="{$controllerName} == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread'">

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.tweet.enabled}">

<div class="tweet shareControl">
                <a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button"
                    data-count="vertical"
                    data-lang="{xen:helper twitterLang, $visitorLanguage.language_code}"
                    data-url="{xen:link canonical:posts, {$post}}"
                    {xen:if {$thread.title}, 'data-text="{$thread.title}"'}
                    {xen:if {$xenOptions.tweet.via}, 'data-via="{$xenOptions.tweet.via}"'}
                    {xen:if {$xenOptions.tweet.related}, 'data-related="{$xenOptions.tweet.related}"'}>{xen:phrase tweet}</a>
            </div>
        </xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
                <div class="facebookLike shareControl">
                    <xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
                    <fb:like href="{$url}" show_faces="false" send="true" layout="box_count" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
                </div>

Open EXTRA.css and add this Code to it
Code:
.messageUserInfo .tweet { margin-top: 10px; float: left; }
.messageUserInfo .facebookLike { padding-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px; float: left; }
To get the whole Code looking like the Userinfo part its another Class needed i have not added here.

Open message_user_info Template and add between the last

</div>
</div>
Code:
<xen:include template="share_user_post" />
Thats it. Dont forget to save all the changes ;)
Credits must go to this Thread
Every better Idea is Welcome..