FB post taking a dig at xenforo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadmperry

Saw this on my fb wall:

"vBulletin
Don't just envision zen - achieve it by upgrading your vBulletin community to the freshly released vBulletin 4.1.7.

Get it today - link"
Not that I am against creative advertising....but given the actual relative states of the two platforms, I think this is wishful thinking on vB's part. But, I also think its interesting that they are essentially acknowledging the emergence and strength of Xenforo.

It is also posted on their Twitter account (same message). @vbulletin

Seems like whomever is handling their online accounts these days is starting to get a little ruffled.

Yes, just realized giving you my fb link won't show what I was talking about. Just go with link I posted (or Trombones13).

It just shows how desperate they've become. If I recall, I never once seen the Old staff conduct this kind of release announcing. I'm suspecting this was typed by one of the head honchos because I can't see any of the staff (underlings) getting authorization to posts this. Then again, what do I know? I don't own an A5. :D

No, whenever they first put up a fb page, I signed up for it (I think I had to give it permission to post to my wall). I had kind of forgotten about this until seeing this today.

No, whenever they first put up a fb page, I signed up for it (I think I had to give it permission to post to my wall). I had kind of forgotten about this until seeing this today.
Thanks for the additional detail, makes more sense now..

give this to the XF lawyers.

What good is that going to achieve? I personally cant see that VB have done anything wrong. Its just a cheap advertising stunt - A lot of companies do the same thing. Its a cheap play on words.

They could get away with this if their product was better than the competition. Which, er, it isn't.

And as if to prove it, within hours of 4.1.7 coming out they are about to release a patch. Sheesh.

lol simple enough to prove how bad their product is compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom