XF 2.1 Fatal error when clicking on new posts

BrianS

We're getting a fatal error when clicking on "new posts". "What's New?" works, as does the list of latest posts in the sidebar.

Our hosting service is siteground. We're on a shared server. They tell me that nothing has changed that would affect our system since yesterday. Restoring yesterday's backup does not solve the problem, which makes me think their statement is suspect. Here's the error ( I changed the domain to "thexxx"):

Fatal error:
Uncaught XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1615]: Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared in /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1615, 'HY000') #1 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77):

XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1615, 'HY000') #2 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94):

XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() #3 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(175):

XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('\n\t\t\tSELECT data...', Array) #4 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(138):

XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchPairs('\n\t\t\tSELECT data...') #5 /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public in /home/customer/www/thexxx.com/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 228

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

Brian

Solution
This is a MySQL issue.

Try increasing the table_definition_cache and/or table_open_cache values.

Your host will be able to assist if you're not sure how to do that.
This is a MySQL issue.

Try increasing the table_definition_cache and/or table_open_cache values.

Your host will be able to assist if you're not sure how to do that.

Solution
Just circling the circle. SiteGround fixed the problem overnight and the site is now working correctly again.

I very much appreciate the super-quick answer to my question to my answer last night.

You folks are great. :)

As an FYI, the problem recurred again today. This time they identified the source of the problem. It's SiteGround's memcached cache. If anyone else has a website on SiteGround and runs into the problem, the cache can be cleared via the Site Tools > Speed > Caching section. They suggest that if it continues to recur, we should turn the caching off and "ask the developers of the software to look into what could be causing the issue."

:)

I have a similar problem
I'm with Siteground on their Cloud service
They gave me more bandwicth and added new caching facilities in late February
Now it is very slow going frompage to page
If I clear the cache it helps, but then after a few hours it is full again
They do not seem to realise that forums are continually changing the pages
Most of their clients are Word Press users

So who job is to fix it
Sitegrounds or Xenforo or mine?

It was going fine before!

SiteGround suggested that I move my quite small forum to their cloud service so they could fix the MySQL errors.

I appreciated that fact they they were responsive in answering my questions but they didn't understand XF at all and didn't understand what was going on with those errors.

My site is a community site occupying 3 GB. We've got almost 1000 registered users but usually have between 10 and 20 online. Spending $1200 per year for hosting for that kind of site is absurd.

Following information I found here, I contacted MattW (https://mattwservices.co.uk). He has great reviews here over the last seven years. After chatting with him and recognizing immediately that he was very knowledgeable about XF, I agreed to move the site from SiteGround to his shared servers.

Matt and I planned the move yesterday and made it happen this morning. It couldn't have been easier or smoother, primarily because of Matt's knowledge and experience.

Best of all: my hosting bill has gone down -- not up.

I'll circle back around on this after the site has been on Matt's servers for a while but so far it's a night-and-day difference that what I experienced with SiteGround.

Top Bottom