Faster Addoncache Rebuild [Deleted]

Dan

ExtraLicense submitted a new resource:

Faster Addoncache Rebuild (version 1.0.0 RC1) - Speed up the addon installation & deinstallation

This addon will rebuild only the necessary caches after the addon installation & deinstallation.
Which will result in a much faster rebuild, if the addon doesn't include own phrases, templates, emailtemplates or admin templates.

I've been using this for over 20 months without any problems, but it's the first public release,that's why it's considered only as a release candidate and not gold product.
I'm just interested in some feedback if it's working and into the performance boost, before i...

Read more about this resource...

Sounds cool. Just to confirm it's enabled by default, right ? Does it apply for update ? Because tried to update one and I don't see difference.

Sounds cool. Just to confirm it's enabled by default, right ?
Correct
Does it apply for update ? Because tried to update one and I don't see difference.
Yes, however this only speeds up if the addon doesn't have its own phrases, templates or admin templates. For instance, if the addon you are installing/upgrading doesn't have any of its own phrases, the phrases part of the cache rebuild will be skipped as it is not necessary.

Hmm? Where I can find this: "XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn::DATA_REBUILD_CACHES"?
I don't see on your code and xenForo code. So this is a bug:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Undefined class constant 'DATA_REBUILD_CACHES' - library\FasterAddonCacheRebuild\Extend\DataWriter\AddOn.php:20

This addon was created for xenforo 1.0 and 1.1

In xenforo 1.2 the cacherebuild was replaced with the deferred system

Top Bottom