XF 2.0 FAQ Xenforo 2

Betclever

Hello,

I would like to have a FAQ as a tab on my forum but I don't know if this option is integrated or do I need a plugin for this?

You can just add it by going to setup -> navigation and then add the nav link "FAQ"

Then you go to forums -> add Node -> page -> and then select the nav link from the drop down and add it your html for the page.

This would not require a plugin at all you just create the page that way and add the nav link.

You can just add it by going to setup -> navigation and then add the nav link "FAQ"

Then you go to forums -> add Node -> page -> and then select the nav link from the drop down and add it your html for the page.

This would not require a plugin at all you just create the page that way and add the nav link.

Do I need html knowledges for this?

Last edited:
Yes, I know. Years ago I made a special forum in my soon to be migrated vB forum as an adjunct to the vB built-in FAQ. I have already made and started a "Xenforo Software Instructions" forum in my vB forum so when we are done testing imports, etc., and we do the final import and migration there will be a forum ready for me to start putting Instructions in. I spent one heck of a lot of time building up my old vB "How To..." forum over the years - Lots of screen shots and such, and am thinking of how to best approach doing the same for Xenforo without spending so many hours. There are still a lot of people these days who do not easily understand the basics of how to do things. Add to that, many people these days do understand how to do most things in vBulletin forums because there are (still) so many of them. Xenforo is still relatively new. And admittedly, some have to be forum specific, such as "How do I change my forum user name?"

Just lamenting that Xenforo doesn't have a basic built-in FAQ as a "starter" - Basics for beginners. But then - I'm from the days of software companies providing huge manual sets (such as Microsoft Office Products did). These days its quite different. So it goes...

Top Bottom